Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

It's not going to work. Read Manny Cav's post.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

ah, ok. Sorry man...

All I can suggest is running ZDooM in WINE.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

celebi23

Man, I'm away for a few months (school & all) and there's an OFFICIAL Chex Quest 3?  :o This just made my day  ;D

The Slimeinator

Welcome back. CQ 3 has already acquired a Cacoward, as well as going through a multitude of bug fixes and updates.

celebi23

So, having an absolute blast with the game so far, kinda excluding the one kinda confusing part in E3M3: Villa Chex :P

So, awhile back, I had the idea of creating a Chex Quest 3 icon in the style of the 2 previous games.  I was kinda inspired by the couple of fan-games starting up around then.  I made a small mod on the CQ2 icon to make the CQ3 icon

When I saw the "Official" Chex Quest 3 icon, I kinda thought to myself, why not make it a bit bigger & in the style of the previous games' icons?  So, I took the colors from the original icon & applied it to the one that I made

Just a small idea/ suggestion I had

DOS4dinner

Quote from: The Slimeinator on January 11, 2009, 04:57:40 PM
It's not going to work. Read Manny Cav's post.

I think I just died a little inside...oh well. I think the problem is that Wine can't run zdoom with my ATI graphics card. I guess I'll just wait until I get my computer for college with an Nvidia chip in it.

Anywho, I did see the title screen. Excellent work, same quality as the rest of the title screens, if not better!
In DOS, no one can hear you click.

Atariangamer

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_ZDoom_on_Linux

my last suggestion.
or gain an older ZDooM for linux build (probably wont work with new games, tho)

http://www.linuxquake.org/index3.html

ChexCommander

Quote from: celebi23 on January 12, 2009, 02:33:22 AM
So, having an absolute blast with the game so far, kinda excluding the one kinda confusing part in E3M3: Villa Chex :P

So, awhile back, I had the idea of creating a Chex Quest 3 icon in the style of the 2 previous games.  I was kinda inspired by the couple of fan-games starting up around then.  I made a small mod on the CQ2 icon to make the CQ3 icon

When I saw the "Official" Chex Quest 3 icon, I kinda thought to myself, why not make it a bit bigger & in the style of the previous games' icons?  So, I took the colors from the original icon & applied it to the one that I made

I like the very last icon, filename chex3-2.png. It's a sweet color set.  But it doesn't match.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

DOS4dinner

It works! mostly...
Zdoom was able to compile itself into working, and I can finally play the glorious Chex Quest 3! Yay installing things the old-school way! ...But I don't have music. :'( I still have sound though.  I installed timidity and everything as it asked, and no errors came up during the compiling. Maybe I'll take a visit to the ubuntu forums.

That aside, awesome work! Now it's like a full, comercial game, with three episodes and everything! Now, did you guys change around CQ 1 and 2? Things seem a bit out of place compared to their DOS counterparts.

The Slimeinator

No. Chukker did it almost all by himself.

Atariangamer

@DOS: Did you enable timidity and set it up? it requires a patch set...

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_custom_MIDI_instruments

You prolly dont need to worry about the zip file, its for windows anyway. you just need to tell it where a patch set is.

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/MIDI-HOWTO-8.html
or grab one of those at the top to try to gain a midi sytnthesizer.

DOS4dinner

Quote from: Atariangamer on January 13, 2009, 12:40:27 AM
@DOS: Did you enable timidity and set it up? it requires a patch set...

That fixed it! Thank you (and everyone else here) for putting up with my problems:) Now, to zorch!
Oh, and that first song sounds awesome!

Atariangamer

That is the awesomeness of Andrew Benson returning to midi...ah, sweet sound...barely heard over the noises of zorch and pwnage! XD

Congrats on getting ZDooM...best way is to do it yourself (although its easier to do on linux)

The Slimeinator

The E3M1 track is one of THE BEST game soundtrack songs I have EVER HEARD. And I have heard my share of game soundtracks. *goes back to listening it*

celebi23

Quote from: ChexCommander on January 12, 2009, 10:08:17 PM
Quote from: celebi23 on January 12, 2009, 02:33:22 AM

I like the very last icon, filename chex3-2.png. It's a sweet color set.  But it doesn't match.

So, if you had to pick, would you choose the icon with the original color scheme or the newer one?