I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datra

very true. FPS's are hard enough as is. BUT! I have heard rumors about people successfully replicating pOrtal on the same 3D program I have, so there is hope.
CQHD Community Dev

The Slimeinator

Trust me. Don't try Portal Chex Quest. I tried that before. Didn't turn out too well.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Atariangamer

I see nothing to connect Portal to CQ. Flemoids wouldn't really fit in, and really, designing the puzzles in those games takes time.
Don't take me seriously. In fact, don't take me at all!

Datra

well there is this.

this is only a test prototype and is not quite as glamorous as the real pOrtal. but it shows that it is indeed possible.
I do have a link to another file that has portals with smoother object-thru-portal transitions (and where you could see through them) and will be getting once the site recovers from maintenence.
CQHD Community Dev

Replica

That's a scripting mess in Zdoom. There was a mod for ZDoom though, that shot "Portal" as in teleporter portals that teleported the player. You couldn't specify the wall types though.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Did you notice he's talking about blender? Doing anything NEAR real portal in doom would require mass recoding.

I dont really think ZPortal is the best representation of Portal in Doom, but it works well enough to be fun.
Don't take me seriously. In fact, don't take me at all!