Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

Yeah...someone was arguing with me that SRB2 was ZDoom...IT LOADS AND HAS ALL FEATURES OF LEGACY!

Quick OFF: ...IMO, Legacy is good for beginners or those going straight from Vanilla Doom. It keeps the original simplicity, but gives you some good features to mess with. However, ZDoom, even in its Doom in Doom format, is just a bit to complex. Legacy isn't a horrible engine, but I'm not saying ZDoom is either.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: Enjay on November 04, 2008, 06:26:38 PM
It's been in Zdoom for a little over 8 years.
Quote from: Randy Heit in rh-log.txt
September 13, 2000
- Added the 181 special to slope floors/ceilings at two-sided walls.
Wow, slopes have been around 8 years, I olny figuered out how to use them 6 months ago.  LOL :D

Chukker

Grab the latest download to check it out: www.chucktropolis.com/downloads/ChexQuest3.zip.

He's made new tracks for E3M1 (Central Command) and E3M5 (Villa Chex)! I'm very excited that he found some time to dig into his old midi tools to make some new music for us! If you haven't been following his post-DC music career, Andrew has been operating under the not-so-different stage name Andrew Benon and has released a debut CD. You can check his music here: www.andrewbenon.com.

Manny Cav

This needeth a sticky. I'll sticky this topic and unpin the other download topic.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Sweet! I had totally forgotten about that.

...Looks like Andrew cut his hair since CQ came out. :D

Manny Cav

The music seems quite different that his previous style. The Villa Chex music seemed to fit, and the first one seemed kind of spooky. I guess this new MIDI style reflects on his current music direction on "syntha-rock," or whatever that was on his website.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Dude, i'm getting this and playing it RIGHT after school...gotta stay behind anyway, and I brought my laptop. no better way to pass the time!

I wanna hear this music...

Replica

Personaly, I like his music. It appears Chex Questy to me. Good job Mr. Benson.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

arch129

Yay, this is good music, I'm not too sure if it fits the "Orignal Chex Quest Style", but still its cool music!  8)

Atariangamer

The music fits the atmosphere, not the original style. Still, not a bad job indeed! If you're reading this, andrew, GOOD JOB!

Captain Ventris

It's nice! I was wondering, where did the music for the United Cereals (E3M2) level come from, anyway?

xbolt

redbipedicus

Dvader0086

TheMasterOfBattle

Nice, I think I will have to redownload Chex Quest 3 now.

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.