Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie

Quote from: Chex Warrior on October 28, 2008, 02:05:30 AM
I do not post much but I recently played this and must say I was impressed! Years ago, the idea of more CQ games was more fantasy than reality. Now this and other mods have seemed to have changed that. Great job!

Are you the owner of Chex Quest Mania?  :)

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Richie

Quote from: Replica on October 29, 2008, 12:08:05 AM
0_0 Wasn't that Dragon Master?

No.  The owner of Chex Quest Mania was a guy named Chex Warrior, with an e-mail identical to the one this individual registered as.

Replica

:-[ I need to look at our history huh? :-[

Didn't Dragon master have an account as Chex Warrior?

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Go look through the board on archive mode...hes in some of the early posts. and by richie, its the same one.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Loremaster

Quote from: Richie on October 28, 2008, 09:09:24 PM
Quote from: Chex Warrior on October 28, 2008, 02:05:30 AM
I do not post much but I recently played this and must say I was impressed! Years ago, the idea of more CQ games was more fantasy than reality. Now this and other mods have seemed to have changed that. Great job!

Are you the owner of Chex Quest Mania?  :)

Remember he was on the old boards? He originally said he would keep track of what was going on, but wouldn't be contributing much because of a loss of interest.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Richie

Quote from: Loremaster on October 29, 2008, 03:33:06 PM
Remember he was on the old boards? He originally said he would keep track of what was going on, but wouldn't be contributing much because of a loss of interest.

Ahh!  I vaguely remember that!

TrueDude

Hey, is there any way I can get this working on Ubuntu? I can't find out how to make it work properly, and it doesn't show up very well.

Atariangamer

arent there Linux builds of ZDooM? (and isnt the latest CQ3 independant of the engine?)

http://www.linuxquake.org/index3.html

I think ZDooM for Linux is there...Dont quote me on that, the Wiki said so...

Batmanifestdestiny

Here's something that I must know;  How did you get the slope in e3m5 look slopey?  It was round snotfolus' lair(I'm pretty sure) and I just sat there and marveled at it, since this is the first doom-based game with real slopes, as even sonic robo blast 2 couldn't quite get it.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Zorchdude

Zdoom had them for ages. It's not new or anything, I used them. It's just a linedef effect.
Pinky and the Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain, BRAIN!
Narf.

Atariangamer

Tru. Actually, the Build engine (Ken Silverman) had it for awhile, and when ZDooM started using some of Build's render code, the cool features that made Duke Nukem 3d awesome came to ZDooM...and GZDoom, and skulltag...

Replica

Quote from: Batmanifestdestiny on November 02, 2008, 04:15:11 PM
Here's something that I must know;  How did you get the slope in e3m5 look slopey?  It was round snotfolus' lair(I'm pretty sure) and I just sat there and marveled at it, since this is the first doom-based game with real slopes, as even sonic robo blast 2 couldn't quite get it.

Every, and i mean every zdoom mod has slopes. (ok maybe not all, but all chex quest ones.) Chucker wasn't the first. ;)

Enjay

It's been in Zdoom for a little over 8 years.
Quote from: Randy Heit in rh-log.txt
September 13, 2000
- Added the 181 special to slope floors/ceilings at two-sided walls.

Captain Ventris

SRB2 didn't have slopes because Legacy didn't.

ZDoom is win it has slopes and stuff. :P