Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

I went through on 3rd Dificulty. Had to restart the WHOLE ENTIRE GAME because there was not enough ammo in my grasp to beat the Villa Chex boss...>< I was able to get past it the next time tho. I wasn't very bothered by the stregnth of the flemmies, but that was because (like matg1990 said) I got all the flemoids and didn't have to worry about big groups of them clustering around me. I will say the whole package was awesome...but I'm still pulling for the 4th episode LOL
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matg1990

yes, good call. i thought i might not have the ammo to finish level five on super slimmy and would result in starting over. however it turned out, i had just enough health (as in 9%) and ammo (as in nothin but the large zorcher and spoon) to reach the final room where there is enough of both, health and ammo, lying in the room to defeat the lord of all flemoids.  im all for more chex quest and would love to play more professionaly made maps. The only issue is the story. We've defeated the lord of all flemoids and confiscated the meteorship. im just not sure what there is to add except for fun maps to play.

Captain Ventris

Well, this texture brings some things into doubt.

The two Snotfolus symbols. What are they indicating? Also, it appears 3 planets are highlighted. Another strike at Bazoik? A third, unknown planet? Are there still Flemoids invading other planets?!

Then we have this one:

We don't know if the portal is closed! Perhaps Snotfolus is back on the Flemoid's planet, planning another attack, or helping orchestrate the two other attacks that may be going on?

Perhaps the Chex Warrior could find weapons that can turn the Flemoids into harmless goop in their own dimension, so they can actually be defeated by going through the portal to do battle?

matg1990

the first one is showing 3 dotted spots on a sphere. i assume the sphere represents the planet earth. i dont think they can be planets. the second one shows the slimed planet with the electric energy in the corner. it is simply the oppisite of the other 5 with planet earth and electricity in the corner. the electric energy about to strike the slimed planet represents a massive attack on the flemoids or simply a metaphore for the most powerful zorcher in the game.

Atariangamer

My thing with that first one is that if its suposed to be locations on your planet, why arent there 5, or 4? 3 is a random number for locations in a 5 area game...I think its a star map of the Chex solar system, which coincides with Ventris up there...BTW, I think we've come to call the Chex Warrior's home planet 'Ralston'...a good choice IMO

The green planet also has some clouds and polar ice caps...makes no sense. I'd like to think that THAT is Ralston...but due to lack of water, IDK. The big energy makes no sense as a zorcher...the largest zorcher is the LAZ, and besides, zorch is red, not purple...now the TELEPORTERS...those are purple (at least the sparkles and glow is)...

mebe we should get Chuck back in here to explain a few other things...

arch129

Quote from: Captain Ventris on October 21, 2008, 11:05:32 AM

The two Snotfolus symbols. What are they indicating? Also, it appears 3 planets are highlighted. Another strike at Bazoik? A third, unknown planet? Are there still Flemoids invading other planets?!

OH KNOWS!!! Lord Snotfolus twin brother! :O

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Atariangamer on October 21, 2008, 06:57:37 PM
My thing with that first one is that if its suposed to be locations on your planet, why arent there 5, or 4? 3 is a random number for locations in a 5 area game...I think its a star map of the Chex solar system, which coincides with Ventris up there...BTW, I think we've come to call the Chex Warrior's home planet 'Ralston'...a good choice IMO

The green planet also has some clouds and polar ice caps...makes no sense. I'd like to think that THAT is Ralston...but due to lack of water, IDK. The big energy makes no sense as a zorcher...the largest zorcher is the LAZ, and besides, zorch is red, not purple...now the TELEPORTERS...those are purple (at least the sparkles and glow is)...

mebe we should get Chuck back in here to explain a few other things...

The energy in the corner is the Portal the Flemoids used. That is a picture if Flemoid Prime, whereas the other pictures display Ralston. Remember, Ralston is shown in the in-between-level screen.

And looking at the first image again, it does appear to be 3 spots on a sphere. Hm...

Atariangamer

portal...
...Are we dealin with fragin Combines here? (XD Half Life reference...)

and after matg said its a planet, the oval is the display outline, the grid-like thing is the planet's surface.

and tru, Ralston in the intermission...dang it ><

matg1990

ya, but if its the planets surface are u saying that it has three existing planets on the planets surface? i dont think any of this predicts the future in the chex world. maybe the past. but is just as likely to be random. y does anyone think that the 2 snofolus sybols means anything? well with that logic then the two boards with that display in the room must indicate 4 lord snotfoluses existing. the portal to the chex planet makes sence. but the green planet is the odd one out in this case and is a secret door containing the laz device (hate to throw in the spoiler but there seems to be a misinterpretation). the laz device is the most powerful zorcher in the game so while the others represent fear to the chex people, this door represents fear to flemoids and shows their home planet. if i was a flemoid i would fear the laz device and so would u.

matg1990

actually there is no way to predict the chex future because replica asked if we have seen the last of the flemoids and chuck said that he had no further plans. so there is no evidence of the next adventure located anywhere in the game. no need to study the rooms anymore.

the first chex quest shows a writing board with these graphs and math equations in level 3. it has = chuck at the end of the whole thing. all it means is that chuck was the graphic designer. someone can say it was there mathimatical discovery of how to crash the dimention. but that wasnt the intent. the laz device thing is just a simple metaphor just as this is.

Manny Cav

I think y'all are making the layout of the level way too complicated. :P It's a level. It's meant to be played. Chukker stated his thoughts on another game. How does what's in the level relate to anything? :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

To bad the moddidn't knotice the double post made. :P

And yes. There was no metaphor. Chucker just hid the LAZ behind a wall with a texture that didn't fit. This is a well known place to put a secret. Now this is really off topic but. Did any one wander if Chucker made any levels in cq1 and 2?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

matg1990

replica, since when is off topic discussion allowed? :P

and how do u know about the laz device thing u didnt create the game?

Replica

I've created wads before. I've also seen made games before. If I counted how many times I've seen or made a wall texture thats out of place with a secret behind it. I would have alot of counting to do. (The out of place tecture is because the green jst doesn't fit.)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

matg1990

u r correct, it happens all the time in games. so then as a maker u decide to make the unfit text for the secret door with the laz device. u dont just wanna put in any random texture because u want to make the game seem more appealing. this brings the question as to what to make the texture and how to relate it to what is going on. and with the other textures in the same room the replacement they came up with is nothing less of satisfying the appeal of the room and metaphorically relating to what is in the secret room. in conclusion, although the unfit text is used as secret doors all the time in games, it is still a metaphor that makes the secret door concept more interesting.