Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanifestdestiny

I agree, this is getting off topic.

But what if someone made a CQ3 mod that used models for the flemoids and stuff?  Or we could port it to EDGE to do some stuff there.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

TRU.

I might make a topic about this...bumping Chex Quest up into a newer engine...I feel that Quake or Half Life would be the best to go to...but i'll make the topic right now.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Flurb

Sorry for causing so much off topicness.  ;D We should definatly start a new topic.

arch129

I was editing a level using the ZDoom (Chex3 in Hexen format) and saw in the weapons the super shotgun was replaced as "Mega Zorcher", does this mean anything?
I was wondering this because about everything that wasn't replaced had it's orignal DooM name.

matg1990

perfect. great way to end the series. the game kept getting harder to the bitter end. the "lack of ammo" applies in cases of wasting ammo or trying to kill all the flemoids on parts were its not important (plenty situations on E3M4 represent a good example of this) and adds challenge to the game. the boss flemoids were loads of fun and challenging (hint: better grab your laz device). just a fantastic series. now to change the subject, has anyone found a way to beat chex quest 3 on supper slimmy? im still working on it but not quite there yet. has anyone else noticed how the flembomination teleports back after you defeat him on supper slimmy if you wait for him to, i thought that was awesome.

Replica

Hold up just a second man! Chucker never said that that is the end of the flemoids. The super slimey thing, I haven't tried. The teleporting thing, was always there, All flemoids respawn after a little while. It did this in CQ1, and in the original doom.

Welcome to the Forums!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Replica's right, Chuck never said this was the end...plus, with all the fan projects people have made, it'll NEVER be the end...

And Doom's Nightmare dificulty (Super Slimy) made monsters faster, stronger, and also able to respawn. Chex Quest did this too, and I guess Chuck didn't think it was bad enough to remove, so it stayed.

Shaq Fu

Whenever I load up the game the controls and settings are all back to default, what do I need to do to keep my custom settings?

Atariangamer

Start up the thing, set your controls, start a new game, and play some. Then exit through the menu. in the directory, a file named "zdoom (username)" or something to that effect should be there. If not...then you have a problem. that file is a config file that holds your settings...shutting down the engine correctly should save it.

Shaq Fu

That's weird I must have been exitting using the X. Anyways everything is fine now. I just finished episodes 1 & 2 and am looking forward to 3.

Atariangamer

Hey, if you are an ammo hog, BEWARE! CQ3 ups the dificulty a good bit, so be cautious, it'll get ya...

Shaq Fu

Well I'm usually pretty good at bundling groups of enemies together as to waste less shots and so far Chex Quest 3 is pretty eas-- oh what's this a flying ball of flem, that's kind of cool, oh and another and OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! THEY'RE EATING THROUGH MY CHEX SUIT! Whew I narrowly escaped the enormous swarm with 3 health left, I just hope I don't run into any-*gets flem'd*

Atariangamer

XD Thats kinda how I went...I was just all "oh cool...hey, wow...um, ouch?...OI, NEEDZ HELP! *flem'd*" Its pretty tough in comparison

matg1990

im proud to say that i did it. i beat CQ3 on supper slimmy! i had to save and reload on level 5 about 10 times. the key is to take each hard part, give it a try, and come to a decision of what the best tactics are to take down or to get by the flemoids. if u plan to beat supper slimmy u should be ready to do each level at nearly perfect. bring on your A game.

btw this was the greatest gaming experience to come for me in a long while and am a bit sad but proud to have mastered CH3!