GZDoom Question

Started by matthias720, January 12, 2009, 03:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthias720

I first used Doom Legacy after downloading TUCQ, and I found it to be a great program
because of its easy-to-use GUI.  But I'm at a loss when it comes to using GZDoom.
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to run custom MODs with GZDoom and any other
useful information regarding GZDoom basics?

Thanks in advance.  I'm grateful for the help. :)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

you place the iwad (we're currently renaming CHEX.wad to DOOMU.wad) in the directory with gzdoom.exe, then drag the pwad file onto the exe and select DOOMU.wad from the list. It should run right.

(Batch files can make it easier, but i'm not sure on the synthax...)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

I tried that and it didn't work.  Which iwad was I suppose to use?  I tried renaming several WAD's, and none worked.
If it is at all possible could you give me the link to the correct one so I can download it?

Thanks.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Manny Cav

To run custom mods, you'll either have to make a batch file or use the drag and drop method that atariangamer described. The IWAD depends on what mod you're playing. Check the subforum of the mod you're playing for what IWAD you need. The two most common IWADs are doomu.wad (renamed from chex.wad) and The New Chex Quest: Generation 2 IWAD. ZDL may also help you.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

In the latest version of GZdoom, chex.wad actually shows up as an IWAD on the list without renaming it. Both the names chex.wad and doomu.wad of the same file make a Chex Quest IWAD option on the starter menu.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5