If you made Chex Quest 4...

Started by TrueDude, March 22, 2010, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on March 25, 2010, 07:47:22 PM
Hey everyone! I've foudn a little bit of free time lately and have been doing some 3D Chex stuff on the side. Not Chex 4, but maybe a remake of the original intro, done all toon-style. I've started doing some work on the Chex Warrior, but it's still work in progress.

That a Nice Model, I noticed you made his eyes blue, in most of the art work I've seen Fred's eyes seemed to be either dark brown or just black.

LAZ Trooper

Wow, nice model, Chukker! :whale x2
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

That looks great! It'll be cool to see in motion.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

LAZ Trooper

Then after remaking the original intro, we can make a much better CQ1 end movie (the voices in the original end didn't even sound like the same people as the intro), which would also be the intro for CQ2, then CQ2 end/CQ3 intro, etc.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Datra

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on March 25, 2010, 11:03:50 PM
intro for CQ2, then CQ2 end/CQ3 intro, etc.
I like the sound of that. 8)
CQHD Community Dev

Replica

That model looks nice so far! I don't know much at all about models, but perhaps when it is finished we can through it into GZDoom, Quake or something?
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

noob1234

uberawesomeness, chuck! u r 191*7!

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

Chukker

I am thinking using the UDK might be the way to go. Of all the modern commercial FPS engines, it has the most documentation and from my experience the best art-to-engine pipeline. I put my chex warrior model into the editor and started playing around with materials and an outliner. Getting a true toon shader will be a trick. Just curious, do we have any Unreal modders out there?

Atariangamer

I'd love to, but sadly no...

That looks amazing, though!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I've never been successful with modding outside Doom so far, but I'm not sure about anyone else though.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Nomekop

Perhaps we should do a complete chexquest with  :whale

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

noob1234