Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

Advantage, you say? It will take hours of sifting through the source code to restore even 1/4 of the DECORATE patch in my WAD back to what it's supposed to be, not to mention the influx of whiners who will complain that my WAD doesn't work with CQ 3.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Manny Cav

It's also accepting original chex.wad as an IWAD, which means you won't have to fiddle with chex3.wad or use the doomu.wad alternate name.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 03, 2009, 08:13:17 PM
It's also accepting original chex.wad as an IWAD, which means you won't have to fiddle with chex3.wad or use the doomu.wad alternate name.

That's not what I'm talking about. I am speaking OF accepting it. The GZdoom source code radically changed how it works from before GZdoom 1.1.05.

Atariangamer

...y'all are lucky my comp timed out and lost my epic rant...i was about to go OFF on someone for critizising CQ's rise in Doom sourceports.
<.<

btw, x86 is going out, and x64 is going in. TOTALLY different architecture, and requires the reprogramming of THOUSANDS of lines of code. They can do it, and they get nice results.

Go with the flow, Slime...it'll be worth it in the end.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 03, 2009, 10:31:05 PM
Go with the flow, Slime...it'll be worth it in the end.

I didn't say I wouldn't - I said it would be arduous.

Atariangamer

Well, I'm saying to go through with it. Hard or not.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

I know. I didn't say I wouldn't. I'm saying I WILL, but it will be hard.

Blzut3

Quote from: Manny Cav on March 03, 2009, 06:31:01 PMWhen Skulltag joins in
It's been in for about a month or more now I think.  It's just a matter of when it will be released.
Proof

Quote from: Atariangamer on March 03, 2009, 10:31:05 PMbtw, x86 is going out, and x64 is going in. TOTALLY different architecture, and requires the reprogramming of THOUSANDS of lines of code. They can do it, and they get nice results.
Actually if the program was done right it can be compiled on x86_64 without any changes what-so-ever.  Mostly the errors resulting are when pointer arithmetic is used or when integer overflowing is abused.

GameMaster

btw, did you ever find a version of XG that worked under windows 2000?
i crave to hear legendary ctf under it.

ChexCommander

Win2K does work with it, remember, GM? You just didn't DL it because you said the file size was too big.

Funny how Blzut3 always chimes in as soon as we mention Skulltag stuff...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on March 06, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
Win2K does work with it, remember, GM? You just didn't DL it because you said the file size was too big.
Umm... I think GameMaster can remember what he has and hasn't done. :P
Quote from: ChexCommander on March 06, 2009, 08:24:08 PM
Funny how Blzut3 always chimes in as soon as we mention Skulltag stuff...
That may be because he figures fairly prominently in the Skulltag forums. :P
Quote from: GameMaster on March 06, 2009, 06:37:46 PM
btw, did you ever find a version of XG that worked under windows 2000?
i crave to hear legendary ctf under it.
Except for the random Doom music thrown in, I can grantee you that you would tell no difference with SoftSynth. Most of the music in there is some weird Tracker Module music. Whatever it is, it isn't MIDI, and SoftSynth is a MIDI driver.
Quote from: Blzut3 on March 06, 2009, 02:11:39 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on March 03, 2009, 06:31:01 PMWhen Skulltag joins in
It's been in for about a month or more now I think.  It's just a matter of when it will be released.
Proof
I figured that it was probably in development, given the recent ZDoom developments. :P I was referring to public releases of Skulltag with chex.wad and chex3.wad support, of which there appears to be none.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Okay, pwned there. But blzut only posts when we mention ST stuff. Otherwise, he's nonexistent.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Strife

Woohoo, new music! ^_^ I'm going to have to agree with Slimeinator here and say that the music for E3M1 is really, really impressive. It's been stuck in my head for a day now.

If you want my honest opinion... aside from the instruments, the new songs don't have the feel captured in the soundtrack of the first two episodes. BUT! I consider this to be a good thing rather than a bad thing. Episode 3 now has its own style of music that, in my opinion, fits the whole "the fate of the world is in your hands" theme. Very nice!

I can't wait to see how the E3M4 and E3M5 music turn out. Regardless of whether or not the Bensonator is planning on making songs for those episodes, I think i'll take a crack at my own conceptions of what they might sound like. ^_^

Manny Cav

I've been talking to you beforehand, so your presence is no surprise, but welcome back, anyway! :D Yes, I do think we need to do something about those two levels.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

The Slimeinator

STRIFE APPEARS FROM NOWHERE! :O

Anyway, yes, I agree. E3M5 REALLY needs new music. The Caverns of Bazoik work once - not twice.