Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

I'd pick the newer one for a new release of something or a special version or whatnot.

Quote from: The Slimeinator on January 13, 2009, 01:12:57 AM
The E3M1 track is one of THE BEST game soundtrack songs I have EVER HEARD. And I have heard my share of game soundtracks. *goes back to listening it*
It sounds even greater with Yamaha XG SoftSynth drivers.  Ahh....

Quote from: DOS4dinner on January 13, 2009, 12:16:06 AM
That aside, awesome work! Now it's like a full, comercial game, with three episodes and everything! Now, did you guys change around CQ 1 and 2? Things seem a bit out of place compared to their DOS counterparts.
I believe that the only actually remade level was E2M2: The Cinema, because it sucked so much.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: ChexCommander on January 14, 2009, 11:23:19 PM
I believe that the only actually remade level was E2M2: The Cinema, because it sucked so much.
The other levels received some touchups, but E2M2 was, indeed, the one to receive the big overhaul.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Datra

Comment: I think the new Cinema level is one of the greater improvements in CQ3 (right after the inclusion of the new levels and flemoids). way better than having a bunch of "Change Me" signs painted all over the place.
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

It IS quite a bit better, although I always just run past all the Flems in the theater without shooting 'em, it saves so much time!  :D

matthias720

Quote from: ChexCommander on January 19, 2009, 01:00:09 PM
It IS quite a bit better, although I always just run past all the Flems in the theater without shooting 'em, it saves so much time!  :D

I play not for time, but for TOTAL DOMINATION!!!!
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Fair enough. It's nice to get 100% Flemoids returned.

noob1234

Atariangamer

XD, I'm usually a speed runner...get in, get out, no sweat. ALTHOUGH...you really dont ever see the last of the flemoids unless you zorch 'em ALL back! heh
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

I HATE total domination ('cept in Skulltag, heh). Takes forever.

I, like Atarian, am more of a speed runner.  Get in there, zorch the ones in your way, and blitz past those Super Cyclopti gunning for you.  ;)

Manny Cav

I play for total domination, except in Super Slimey, where it's too hard to tell what you have and haven't zorched, and it's easy enough to get 100%+, anyway. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

DCmetrogreen

I'm not sure if this is quite the place for this, but I need some help. I just downloaded the excellent Chex Quest 3 and am having trouble with E3M2. I can't get to the red key! Help! I get the blue key and the yellow one just fine, but then I get totally stuck and can't figure out what to do. I'd appreciate any advice anybody can give me.

Thanks!

Edit: Okay, I got past E3M2, but now I'm stuck with the resetting lock on the E3M3 Villa level. Any help would be appreciated.

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

So many people seem to have trouble with that lock...I don't see the problem. I could get through just fine with time to spare on my first run.  :-\

Is it because I've played CQ so much, or is it because everybody else is playing on Super Slimey or something? ???

Atariangamer

I had a problem with it, but easily solved with some skills...if you arent very coordinated in a FPS world, it can cost more time than it seems...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Quote from: Atariangamer on February 22, 2009, 10:05:24 PM
I had a problem with it, but easily solved with some skills...if you arent very coordinated in a FPS world, it can cost more time than it seems...

QFT, my gf who's just beginning to play CQ could never do it in time.

Quote from: ChexCommander on January 14, 2009, 11:23:19 PM

It sounds even greater with Yamaha XG SoftSynth drivers.  Ahh....

I'm pretty sure I could get that to work on my computer... how did you get those drivers?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem