Help with Skulltag

Started by R.Mee Studios, July 23, 2009, 09:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.Mee Studios

I hope this is in the right place. Couldn't find anything else that quite fit, but if it is, just move it.

So I downloaded the new 'Domination' .zip file for Skulltag but can't get it to work. The default is always 'no monsters' and it doesn't change when I set it back. Did anyone else have this problem?
WHALEWARE! :whale

GameMaster

Yeah, anything to do with multiplayer or Skulltag belongs in the Multiplayer section.

hmmm....

when you say "you can't get it to work", how are you running it?

are you double clicking the server in IDESE, or are you just having skulltag run it (by double clicing the wad file in the skulltag folder, by default)

does it launch at all? Do you find any error messages?

I have no problem loading even single player maps in skulltag... There'd have to be mosters for invasion and coop.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

R.Mee Studios

Actually, there are monster for invasion levels (which start on the second game 'Hell on Earth') but nothing in the first (the one where you have to take possession of checkpoints). I right-click the .wad file and then click 'Play with Skulltag' and it opens fine with no error messages (although I do get an error when I open it with gzdoom).

I'll have another look tomorrow and see if I was just being blond and missed something basic. lol I can be a blond guy at times.

ChexCommander

You DO have the Slimeinator's IWAD renamed to Doom2.wad, correct?

Anyways, hmm....Domination isn't supposed to have monsters. It's a multiplayer based mod. Also, were you trying to play by yourself or on the server?

You say it opens fine in Skulltag, but not in GZDoom? That's no problem, since not all Skulltag-based mods work with GZ.

If it's just the fact that you thought there were monsters in the mod, there's no problem. There aren't. The mod basically revolves around fragging each other while trying to hold checkpoints. You could always add bots if you wanted.

Finally: Yeah, I guess it should've been in CQ Multiplayer, but since we're answering it here, we might as well leave it unless you have more problems.

Did that solve your troubles?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

R.Mee Studios

I'm pretty sure I do have Slime's IWAD. What was it originally called before I (may have) renamed it?

lol. Ok yeah that solves the 'no monsters' prob. I was doing 'offline skirmish' before I actually go multiplayer.

So that answers all my questions. Thanks SO much!

ChexCommander

Hey, no problem! And if it works, you probably have Slime's IWAD.

Glad to see you figured it out. :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods