IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Slimeinator

*quivers in anticipation of new Flemoids*

I desperately hope that there will be a Spider Mastermind conversion, or maybe even an ARCHVILE conversion!
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Strife

Since CQ is based off Ultimate Doom, and since the archvile contains so many different animations, I doubt there will be an archvile conversion anytime soon... though it would be cool. xD

Hay guise, can we move some of this chatter to other parts of the forum? <.<;; I'm sure Chukker will post an update on CQ3 when he's ready. There's no need to push him.

Atariangamer

lol tru, spaceman...(and did you know CQ was actually a Ultimate doom wad running through final doom code? random bit we discovered)

And the archvile is way complex...I'm suprised how Manny and Slime did it...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

The Slimeinator

I managed to pull off an Arch-Vile conversion by looking at the internal DECORATE definition to figure out what sprites go where.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

mob720

Chukker has posted in his help thread and not here... I wonder why...

Chukker, if you read this, please post something cool! Like some screenies or some wonderful info on the game!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Chukker

Hello guys! There's not been tremendous visible progress this month, but here are some new screens:

The biggest news is that the game has been successfully moved over to ZDoom. It was suprisingly painless to do, but I wasn't using many Legacy-specific features anyways. As the first screen suggests, the original Chex 1 and 2 will be included in the wad, each ending with appropriate text screens after 5 levels. Right now Chex 1 and 2 have lots of incorrect textures... Boingo, I know your pain.

Manny Cav

I like the second new city and slime textures in the second screenshot. However, I would like to make one observation here. The sky box you have suggests green meteors falling out of the sky. Is this an animated sky box, or are the meteors stuck in some sort of a limbo?

That looks like new sewer textures in the third screenshot. I also like the dripping slime from the ceiling.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Ooh, I always love city levels.  Just walking around in a city zorching Flemoids is PWNAGE IMO.

Good job, Chukker!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Chukker

You bring up an interesting point, Manny. I would think with ZDoom, now I could define an animated texture for the sky. I was originally thinking just a skybox as with any other Doom skybox. I might have to experiment with that.

Atariangamer

Awesome. I like the new city, kinda like a classic Mexican style...(or maybe i'm confused)
A new sewer? its got wood! I like it!
Also, you know that the Slimeinator made a Chex Quest IWAD that runs perfect in (G)ZDooM...Maybe you could base off that? Or it could be that you like flemoids that shoot as well...

mob720

How about using the TUCQ phase 1 beta 1? Isn't it just the levels stuck together with all the textures fixed right? Although there are some doom levels inbetween you might have to dig out...
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

xbolt

There's some meteors in the sky in The Ultimate Torment and Torture, so you might want to see how that guy did it. (As I remember, they looked totally awesome.)

arch129

Wow @ new screenshots.  :o
Oh, boy I can't wait to play this! O_o

TrueDude

Please tell me your going to have have official add-ons for this.

Those are the most awesome levels I have seen in so long for Chex Quest, it's probably almost better than the first two.

Atariangamer

Well, its ZDooM, not chex.exe.

IDK, I really just got a stern nostalgia...

I cant wait for it, tho...