Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on October 07, 2010, 11:04:11 PM
I started a Villa Zorchmatch map today, which is going pretty well for a map with no prelim-sketching.

What's your status on LAZ04, LAZ06, and LAZ11?

LAZ04 - It looks too plain at the moment, and I'm not sure what to do with it right now.

LAZ06 - could you extend this one a bit? I like the idea of duel maps, but there's nowhere for me to put weapons in, without putting them in the middle of a major hallway.

LAZ11 - it looks great, but I'm afraid the map structure will be awkward, the elevators worry me, since people trying to get/defend the flag are basically constrained to fighting in a box for a few seconds. Maybe add several elevators?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

I'm working on the next release, just cleaning up a few things for the match later today

I removed the HUDMESSAGE scripts that play at the beginning of the map (saying "<Map Name> by <Map maker>.`)

they were kind of distracting, especially in small or action packed maps. You could get zorched before the text even went away!

So, I'm moving that to MAPINFO.

The hudmessages in the invasion maps will stay
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

LAZ Trooper

I have an interesting idea for a level, which may not really be a practical map, but whatev. And for it to really work, is there some way you can keep players from being able to walk, only turn and fire?
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Datra

Yay Zorchmatch maps are back! Can't wait to play on those again. ^_^ (and play them against someone who I'm NOT sharing the keyboard with for once)
CQHD Community Dev

LAZ Trooper

I currently have a bit of work on my plate for once regarding my mapping. What I'm currently working on:

LAZ05 "Sewer Duel" - Still working on lighting and stuff.
LAZ06 "Darkness" - I have literally doubled the size of the level this afternoon, and it should be done at the latest on Monday.
LAZ12 "Villa Zorchmatch" - Just need to put things in, but I can't really think of much to decorate it with, so it's kind of bland. Maybe you can think of something when I post it.
LAZ13 "Whirlpool" - Thanks for the link, CM, that'll help this actually work.
LAZ14 "Bazoik Laboratory Invasion" - a conversion of E1M3 into an invasion map. So far I've got all the acts and flemoid spawners in place, so I just need to set parameters on the spawners.

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

LAZ Trooper

Whoa, lookin' good! :whale

Current Projects:

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

noob1234

Quote from: 75 on October 10, 2010, 12:00:08 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

:whale :whale THIS!!

I just had an awesome idea for an invasion map

Have you guys played Super Mario Sunshine? I should make an Isle Delfino map! I could recolor the flemoids so they look like shadow mario's ink.  :whale

Maybe the people on the island called for backup

The hotel level and Bianco hills level were really great too

QuadrumpusGuy

The final boss could be an Ink Chex Warrior?

Datra

Quote from: 75 on October 10, 2010, 12:00:08 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

It's...it's so Victorious!!
:whale
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

Skulltag 98c?! Oh geez, I'm outdated...
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

QuadrumpusGuy

So, is it final whether or not your using the Chex3.wad's DMXGUS or Doom2.wad's DMXGUS?