Thoughts and Suggestions For Non-Flemoid Enemies

Started by Boingo the Clown, February 07, 2011, 04:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

Variety is the spice of life, and flemoids as the only enemies in the Chex Quest universe is not really a whole lot of variety.

Perhaps if there is some ambitious modder out there who wants to start a new mod or some kind of a CQ sequel, I would like to suggest trying new kinds of enemies.  

I am not going to try this myself because I do not want to start any new projects right now.

I remember years ago somebody (Was it Strife?) was trying to start a Chex Quest mod that did not use the flemoids as the enemies.  Instead he used creatures based on unhealthy foods.  I remember in particular an enemy that was a salt shaker.  The project was never completed.  Perhaps some one would like to pick up something in a similar vein?

Captain Crunch had enemies called "soggies" who made cereal soggy in milk.

Similar milk monster might be interesting.

I have no name for them, but how about some enemy agent type villains who are trying to take the fun out of breakfast?  They have stolen the GFOC's supply of Chex cereal.  You can tell these guys don't like fun, because they are entirely monochrome (grey) and look kind of like Borris Badenov from the Rocky and Bulwinkle show ...

... or the spies from Spy vs Spy

The player would have to defeat these guys to save the Chex cereal.  Maybe zorching them will cause them to change from monochrome to colour and sit with happy smiles on their faces.  It would also give them a good reason to drop their ammo.

These are a few of my suggestions.  Perhaps a few of you can think of some other possible enemies

ChexCommander

Quote from: Boingo the Clown on February 07, 2011, 04:23:38 AM
Borris Badenov from the Rocky and Bulwinkle show ...

Love that show. And great ideas! It would be cool to have non-Flemoid (yet related, for example, unhealthy foods like you mentioned) enemies in a new mod of some sort.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Datra

Yeah Strife had the junk food guys (which imo is brilliant)
I think the Brand-X guys should make an appearance.
(but not as reskinned Chexters)
CQHD Community Dev