Chex Quest Issue...

Started by wildtangerine, November 24, 2009, 05:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildtangerine

Hi there, I'm new and I had a quick concern.

After installing both ZDoom and Skulltag, I've tested the Chex Quest WADs and they all work like a charm... except for one bothersome thing. The most common flemoids (zombieman and shotgun guy replacements) won't shoot with their noses and arms at a distance. They only attack if I'm up close. The difficulty is dumbed down significantly with this strange bug. I've searched through the settings and found nothing. Did I forget to activate/deactivate something?

they're not supposed to. In CQ they only "shoot" when they're right in front of you. Only enemies tougher than the bipedicus w/ armor (imp replacement) actually shoot.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

ChexCommander

Yes, I'm not sure if you were including the BWA in your description, but those slime balls are powerful nonetheless.

And the commonus and the bipedicus do not shoot from afar.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

xbolt

Yes, in the original game, the Commonus and Bipedicus could only attack at close range. The Ultimate Chex Quest, due to limitations in the engine, could not replicate that, so they fired at range there. With the release of Chex3, and ZDoom and its variants now supporting Chex Quest, it was returned to its original behavior.

Atariangamer

Hehe, people have gotten so used to it...probably from TUCQ. I saw a reference to TUCQ over a year ago on a youtube vid.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Or maybe it's just DooM players who are used to all enemies being able to shoot from afar.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

After playing TUCQ for a while, I played the original once, and I was like "This is soooo easy..."
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

I know, I played TUCQ after playing chex3 for a while

I usually crank chex3 up to super slimey, so I went into TUCQ feeling pretty confident.

I quickly reduced the level to gobs of goo  :-[
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem