Something I Did For Fun

Started by Notiswas, August 19, 2008, 08:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Notiswas

A simple image of the Chex Warrior I did in MSPaint.  The backround is a gradient fill.  I'm not done with him or what I wanna do with him (speculation is welcome  ;) ), but I wanted to show you what I've got so far. What do ya think?

-Tyler

TrueDude

The legs look like they're merged. And, no offense, but it looks like he's in his 50s.

Notiswas

He's meant to look older...  I'm actually working on something at the moment, and he's aged a bit.  I don't want to reveal anything else right now for fear of ruining it.

The legs and the top bit of the Chex armor has to be fixed, but I was just anxious to share progress.

Thanks for the feedback!

Replica

You need to add mor shade to the blue parts. It starts to look round, but then it looks flat. (Unless you plan on doing that.) The rest looks really good. :)
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Notiswas

Thanks Replica!  You're right, I'll definitely do that.  I just now noticed it as soon as you mentioned it.   :P

Atariangamer

All that I see has been said...and that seriously looks like ''CQ Class of '68'' or something...lol

Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I can see a small touch of "Chex Quest Fighting" in your style. However, you did do this in Paint, so I guess I can't expect Mona Lisa or anything like that. ;D Like ChexCommander, I also like the Propulsor. :)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

I like the Propulsor as well...very nice.

But major standouts:
Legs - like the _Dude said, look merged
Helmet - Kinda distorted/damaged

But the CQ logo...if that was by hand, then THAT WAS AWESOME. I really like that!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

TBOL3

Actually, there was a youtube video of someone who drew the Mona Lisa in MS paint, it's cool to watch.

But it is a good start, you do need more shading though.

Notiswas

Don'tcha know Da Vinci himself did The Mona Lisa in MSPaint?  That's right, he was a time traveller!  :P  Read "The Door Into Summer" by Robert A. Heinlein and you'll see that he was a quiet guy named Vincent that volenteered as one of the first, (along with Nostradamus), subjects of time travel.

Haha, but all joking aside.

Thanks to everyone that commented.  I'm going to continue to fix it up, and hopefully do it some justice.  I knew it wasn't quite right and probably should have waited until it was finished, but at any rate, I'm glad to have heard my same feelings about it reinforced through public opinion.  I'll have it along with something else up in a few days.

Thanks,
Tyler