DooM 3 + Chex Quest = really funny

Started by mob720, August 06, 2008, 01:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mob720

Ok, so I was bored at the end of my computer desk wondering what to do. Then I came up with an idea. Using the Doom3 mod for doom2 (from the topic "doom 2.5?"), why not play the game with the iwad being doomu (chex quest). So I fired up GZDoom with doomu as the iwad and doom3 mod as the pwad, and BAM, instant funniness/weirdness/coolness.

Here are some screenies:

Please post any comments. ;D

EDIT:: sorry about all the extra white background. I set it that way in Paint so i could do stuff more bigger.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

ChexCommander

LOL, it sorta completely takes the idea of Chex Quest and throws it off the Empire State Building.

Interesting...I wonder if it would work with Slime's expansion for TNCQ G2?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

LOL CC...but thats true.

thats kinda funny...but It fits MOAR better with doom...or at least DooM styled maps...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

mob720

It keeps all the maps and textures the same (except for several supposed sky textures) but the graphics are all different. Some pickups are the same like the breakfast and the mini zorch recharge thing. It would be funny to fight doom monsters with zorchers though... :D

Atariangamer

You can do that! But I would find it funny for a Zombieman to implode with zorch...that would be funny.

mob720

It was weird the way I got the super shotgun, because I killed the shotty guy and he dropped a super shotgun! I even restarted E1M2 to see what happened!

Atariangamer

LOL!
That was odd...mebe they thought the SSG was better, so they made the shotty drop it! IDK...