CQ3 huge grapical problem...

Started by Vulture, November 03, 2009, 08:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulture

ive finally gotten cq3 running on a mac (trial of crossover, works great for everything else)

and well, i was running cq3 and there's a huge graphical bug. some of the textures just kind of... warp. like they infinately multiply and stack, especially in the sky, zorchers, and lots of artefacts. well, i cant really describe it, so im sure these pictures will do it:

Also after the first level it seems to get stuck. is this a settings problem? or am i just running it wrong? and what version of windows is it meant for?

anyone else even seen such a thing?

LAZ Trooper

Whoa... looks reminiscent of the Hall of Mirrors effect, but I have no idea what this is... Interesting looking, though.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

The Slimeinator

It appears as though, for some reason, your Mac has added black as a translucent color.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

Replica

Quote from: The Slimeinator on November 03, 2009, 11:21:45 PM
It appears as though, for some reason, your Mac has added black as a translucent color.

I was thinking the same thing. My first guess of fixing this would be to go through the wad's patches and change the black to a dark blue or something. :-\
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Vulture

rexxor

well I know I get this effect too... but only in E2M1 that is why I end the level ASAP lol
I only have the problem when I am running in OGL
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

Atariangamer

I see what it is...

all dark colors (it seems) are replaced with HOM.
how to fix it, however, IDK
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

rexxor

don't they have a build of skulltag for Mac?

cause you could just get that and enjoy chexquest 3 with it also. I bet it would fix most of the problems aswell
if not you could try running the windows build in wine
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

Atariangamer

NO Skulltag for mac...

And he's running the Windows version in Crossover, which is basically like Wine for Mac, but more official.

And I want to say that Crossover doesn't have nearly as much graphics support as a 3d game needs...that builds off of software rendering, so if what it calls isn't there, then it doesn't run.

IDK, but it seems that the darker parts pull a HOM from the menu (hence the yellow and the CQ3 logo)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: rexxor on November 04, 2009, 06:43:48 PM
don't they have a build of skulltag for Mac?

cause you could just get that and enjoy chexquest 3 with it also. I bet it would fix most of the problems aswell
if not you could try running the windows build in wine

No. Windows and Linux only.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods