I Made CQ Work For ANYONE (i think) Care To Test?

Started by Vulture, October 13, 2009, 12:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulture

ive attempted to make a package of all 3 CQ games that will work on ANY OS, but being that im new to all this im not sure how well it will work for everyone, and im pretty sure half the files in this package aren't even needed (duplicates, and do i need both .wad and .bat files?)

ok well, to run it it requires downloading DOSbox, i put a link to it in the readme file.

here's a link to it: http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=68

so, give me some feedback on it. i have it hosted on a file hosting site right now, but i have the same file awaiting approval directly on here (better to have 2 anyway, sometimes 1 will get corrupted, broken, etc.)

tell me what you think, and i appreciate the help everyone on here gave me with getting this working.

ChexCommander

Hm, you could have made it an all-in-one and added DOSBox or made a download link...but whatever. I haven't tried it yet, though....

And yes. BATs and WADs are completely different. WADs contain all the game information; BATs just tell how the WAD is executed.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Vulture

like i said, i have no idea what im doing. i just kept making changes till i found what worked, then put all those in a file together and zipped it. and... i can't exactly just put DOSBox in there because well... gotta have a different DOSBox version depending on what OS you are on.

and... i included the version of CQ3 that is known as the (stolen) version, as that's the only one that works in DOS. like i said, im new to this. what's the difference between the (stolen) version of CQ3 and the regular one? and i think the version of CQ3 i have has a glitch in it, it gets stuck on level 2 and i had to skip it, but it might just be my computer doing that.

rexxor

well that is pretty much how you make things work Trial and Error
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

Batmanifestdestiny

the major difference between the regular one and the stolen one is very large, indeed,'

the stolen version is just a hodgepodge of levels from other doom mods, hence the term "stolen"

the real version has all new, original graphics and levels made by Charles Jacobi, one of the guys on the original team at Digital Cafe, with music by him, Andrew Benson, and Strife.

Also, you might get the real cq3 to work in dos with the dos version of zdoom.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Vulture

there's a DOS version of Zdoom?! where?! the mac version won't work for me, but DOSBox works great. link me?

Atariangamer

Guys, that DOS version is almost a version behind...we're at, what, 2.x? thats 1.x

Most of the special features are gone, and that means CQ3 will probably NOT work...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.