What CQ products have you always wished they made?

Started by R.Mee Studios, July 04, 2009, 12:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbolt

Quote from: Loremaster on July 06, 2009, 03:12:41 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on July 06, 2009, 02:48:29 PM
nah, it was here. VERY EARLY here...we had a store up, but then we all wondered if General Mills would shut the CQFF down if we started selling stuff with 'Chex' on it.

Yeah, I remember that. I STILL say we should sell a T-Shirt with some witty slogan on it. Hehe, would you wear a T-Shirt saying "Meet me in the Chat Room, Manny Cav"?

I'd wear one about Grill Friends. ;D

R.Mee Studios

How about a Flemoid? Does anyone know if Flemoids are copywrited? If not I'll contact GM...
WHALEWARE! :whale

Atariangamer

You liked the SAT AM sonic? I liked adventures better...but I was REALLY young when both of em came on...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

arch129

Quote from: R.Mee Studios on July 06, 2009, 04:40:25 PM
How about a Flemoid? Does anyone know if Flemoids are copywrited? If not I'll contact GM...

I'm petty sure the only thing about Chex Quest that is Copyrighted is "Chex".

ChexCommander

Quote from: Loremaster on July 06, 2009, 03:12:41 PM
Quote from: Atariangamer on July 06, 2009, 02:48:29 PM
nah, it was here. VERY EARLY here...we had a store up, but then we all wondered if General Mills would shut the CQFF down if we started selling stuff with 'Chex' on it.

Yeah, I remember that. I STILL say we should sell a T-Shirt with some witty slogan on it. Hehe, would you wear a T-Shirt saying "Meet me in the Chat Room, Manny Cav"?

With a picture of a fat girl on it? Of course I would!  ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Loremaster

Quote from: arch129 on July 06, 2009, 04:46:23 PM
Quote from: R.Mee Studios on July 06, 2009, 04:40:25 PM

I'm petty sure the only thing about Chex Quest that is Copyrighted is "Chex".

Actually, just about EVERYTHING in the game is copyrighted, if not Trademarked.
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

Atariangamer

but to who? Digital Cafe? the company that was chex before GM (whose name escapes me)? GM seems to do nothing but know about the chexquest.com domain name. and we've been a bit worried about the fact that GM MIGHT see something in this old game and take it from us. which is still kindof an issue, but we will NEVER know!

ChexCommander

So first we'd have to contact General Mills (have we tried that before?), and then credit them for just about everything....><

EDIT: Digital Cafe is apparently now defunct, and merged with some other companies. So...what now?

Also:

QuoteDigital Café is best known for developing the Chex Quest series of computer games which have attracted a sizeable cult following.

That's us. ;)

Atariangamer

XD i'm part of a cult...great! LOL

and there is a problem with contacting GM. If we ask for them to free the rights to CQ or at least everything NOT containing the word or likeness of 'Chex', or ask for permission to use it all (including Chex), they might see more $$$ in this 'cult following' and take it all away from us. That is a SERIOUS RISK, one that richie has been hesitant to take. We've asked them about the domain once, and a short time after it switched from Millsbery to the chex website. IDK, i'm kinda scared to do it too...

ChexCommander

Yeah, that's true. GM could see a lot of money in this. We've got articles written about us, we've got loads of downloads...

hmmm I didn't even think of that, but that's pretty frightening... what if they took away the sprites, maps, and music?

They could go over Chukker's head and sell CQ3, and pretty much rip all the fan projects to pieces, forcing us to remove everything "chex" from it.  They could even stop us from being the CQFF.

but... we could just change the name to something like "square wheat objects with holes". It wouldn't be quite as flashy, though XD

"You picked up the super square wheat object with holes armor!" XD
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

xbolt

Quote from: 75 on July 06, 2009, 07:54:08 PM

A fail so epic, it might be a win. XD

Atariangamer

Quote from: xbolt on July 06, 2009, 07:56:15 PM

No...that is win...how about we demake chex quest ala Gang Garrison 2? that way we could rip it off AND still be in the green!

ChexCommander

As if a game from 1996 wasn't demake enough....XD

Quote from: Atariangamer on July 06, 2009, 07:58:57 PM
Quote from: xbolt on July 06, 2009, 07:56:15 PM

No...that is win...how about we demake chex quest ala Gang Garrison 2? that way we could rip it off AND still be in the green!

LOL. That would be classic.

I bet Chukker would be willing to give us a hand if GM ripped him off of his own creation and took some important stuff like sprites.

I mean, we can't just let the fan projects die. Could you imagine Chex converted to the doom IWADs? More likely, we'd have to build from the bottom up, which would be very bad.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem