Chex Quest in Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition?

Started by noob1234, May 27, 2009, 07:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noob1234

I think Chex Quest deserves a place in Guinness World Records: Gamers Edition because, if I remember correctly, wasn't it the first video game distributed in cereal boxes?

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

xbolt

Quote from: Anonymous (ChexGuy331) on May 27, 2009, 08:00:27 PM
Nah, it was the first GOOD game in Cereal Boxes.

At the time it came out, it was the WORST CD game to be distributed in a cereal box.

noob1234

Wikipedia says that, but... oh well, it is, like my teacher says, "editable, so you should never trust it!"

Manny Cav

I'm moving this to Chex Quest Discussion.

And as far as the Wikipedia thing goes, some hooligans also made the article say that the stolen Chex Quest 3 was a beta for the actual Chex Quest 3, and that Digital Cafe also posted information on Chex Quest 4. Chukker set 'em straight, though. ;D

EDIT: I just got a look at their source. What Wikipedia says is likely true. And noob1234, you are seriously endangering your well-being by even daring to quote "never trust it." I do not envy your position. >:D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

xbolt

Wikipedia is good enough for just looking something up really quick, but it is not to be considered an academic source.

Atariangamer

@Noob: ...manny has spoken the truth...*cocks shotty*
@xbolt: thats basically what I said in my epic wiki rant somewhere in CHWYAB...but i'd say its a bit more reliable than a quick lookup. dig a little bit to make sure its sound evidence, and it COULD be an academic source...(just dont say wikipedia is your source, quote the site that wikipedia sites)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on May 27, 2009, 09:56:52 PM
Wikipedia is good enough for just looking something up really quick, but it is not to be considered an academic source.

I agree. It's great to find any general information or trivia. Sure, I might not use it for a research paper works cited, but it's great just to learn anything and everything. Atarian's rants pretty much say it all.

BTW, I still have that rant on my computer. I should edit it and see if I can send it to Wikipedia for something (Atarian's work, of course).  ;D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods