WHY WON'T YOU WORK!?!??!

Started by Vulture, October 11, 2009, 11:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulture

I have no idea how to make chex quest work on my mac... ive tried Zdoom, it crashes whenever i open it, i tried Crossover, and it makes the screen go black, but it makes sounds like its working even though it's not.

im really wondering how i can get it to work on my mac... i really want to play CQ again and see the sequels...

rexxor

you can try skulltag it has an openGL option for better video cards
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

Vulture

Atariangamer

Hey, what about DOSBox?

Pretty sure you can't play Chex 3 on it, but At least 1 and 2 will work (mostly)!

Dosbox site is down, but this should work:
http://dosbox.en.softonic.com/mac

I'm currently working on getting a Mac virtualized on my computer...maybe after I get it going I can try out some stuff and get you what works.

UPDATE: Sorry mate, but it looks like Skulltag isn't gonna be possible for you because, afaik, OS X doesn't have OpenGL support.
You still have a shot with Darwine or the ZDooM on Mac compiler. I'm grabbing an old disc of 10.4 Tiger (hopefully not too different, its Intel based) and trying out Deadmoo's instructions. I've heard of success with VirtualBox (even faster than VMWare) using Deadmoo install, so we should be in buisness within the week.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Vulture

i have no idea how to compile it... any advice on it? what i need and all that?

Atariangamer

No advice...This is a completely new field of Mac for me. Haven't used it for something like this before.

But give me time, i'll have something for you to do (in detail) this week.

ChexCommander

Atarian, the fact that OpenGL doesn't work on a Mac doesn't mean that the software mode won't work...

And Vulture, I have a GMA 950 as well, and Skulltag runs perfectly fine, especially in software rendering mode.  Try it out, but I'm not sure of the Mac compatibility.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Vulture

ok, does it cost anything? the one problem i have is lack of credit card or any other means of buying things over the internet...

rexxor

you can Try installing Wine on your Mac and using the latest beta of skulltag then load the CQ3.wad into it, it should work under Software mode if CC has the same video card as you
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

Atariangamer

Y'all did notice that he's having trouble with that part?

Vulture

DOX BOX WORKED!!!!

yep, got to play chex quest off my cd with dosbox, had to use crossover to get the files off it though.

any idea where i can download chexquest 2? i tried to download the .zip file on this site and i couldnt expand it.

xbolt

Quote from: Vulture on October 12, 2009, 03:08:42 PM
any idea where i can download chexquest 2? i tried to download the .zip file on this site and i couldnt expand it.

The Gallery has it.

Vulture

anywhere i can get chex quest 2 as NOT a zip file? for some reason i can't unzip it, and... chex quest 3 wont run in dos.

ChexCommander

Hm, someone want to upload chex2.wad?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods