Vilecore Coversion to T.U.C.Q. Underway

Started by Boingo the Clown, September 14, 2015, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boingo the Clown

I do not know how long this will take.

I asked DooM Dude if I could convert his Megawad, Vilecore, a full 32 levels for DooM 2, over to T.U.C.Q..

He gave me his permission ...

... and so I have started the long task of redoing all the textures in the levels.

I have retextured MAP01 and MAP02 already, and now I am working on MAP03 and MAP04.


Maybe this will be a great step for chex quest to doom.


You know, I've never actually gotten around to playing Vilecore.

Guess I should do that now, ay?

Boingo the Clown


Any pictures of this ready to be shown yet? I'm curious to see how it turns out.

Boingo the Clown

So I have been back to playing around with Vilecore again, and I have made some progress.  MAP03 is almost finished now, MAP04 is about 70% done, and I just got a whole whack of MAP05 done as well.

I do not have any screen shots yet.  I will see if I can get someone to take some for me.  I don't trust myself to make good screenies at the moment.

Three monsters now have working equivalents so they can appear in the game.  However, I am using existing flemoid sprites at the moment, which might be a little confusing.

The Hellknight is using Maximus sprites.  This is because I already assigned the Maximus sprites to the name (BOS2) that the Hellknight uses.  To distinguish it from the Maximus, I shrunk him down slightly.  If you see a short Maximus, then you know it is a weaker version.

The chaingunner equivalent uses the Commonus sprites, but this time I enlarged him to distinguish him from the Commonus.

The cacodemon is temporaily using the cycloptis sprites.  I also swapped the caco on MAP02 for Cycloptis Tennacious.