Texture Problems in GZDooM...solved?

Started by Atariangamer, March 30, 2008, 05:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

I was mucking about in XWE with the TUCQ Phase2Beta3 wad and looking at some of the startup procedures from GZDooM. I figgured out that all the missing textures were floor textures. When I looked in the CQUESTP2B3.wad, I found all the missing floors in the front of the wad, not in the back inside the floor markers. This basicaly declassifies them as floors, instead just random graphics. I moved all of them to the right place, and lo and behold, they were there! no mistakes or errors in GZDoom's map startup. However...due to the size of them, they have been scaled down. My hypothesis is that GZDooM sees them as HiRes, not just large flats. So, is there any way to discourage that, or make them even bigger so that when scaled down, they are the right size?

If anyone wants to see picture proof, I have some, but just haven't hosted them yet.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Would the floor accept it the same way? like, would it still be aligned the same?

Replica

Gzdoom can handle Textures as flats, and they'll work the same. Because it reads them as bigger flats like legacy.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

ok, I'll try that, and post back here when I get results...I may even post a patch...but Slime's will hopefully be out soon and replace this hacked piece of junk.

Replica

Wait, boingos already swiching. Are you helping him? He's allready fixed that.

Atariangamer

well, I took SuperChex's patch, fixed the parts that didn't work, added a bit, and got it all working ('cept the teleporter sparkles...they spawn but don't rise). Then I went in and tried to fix the textures. thats when I figured out that all the messed up parts were floors. After I figgured they were floors, I knowticed that all of them were odd sizes, so I want to put them to textures (like U said) and set the floors with the textures. Boingo hasn't gotten very far at all with the project since he got his new job, so this is just a quickie fix. Actually, it fixes some stuff, but when you go up in dificulty, it gets a bit buggier, but at least its not the flemoids. I'm almost done with all the stuff, I will upload pics (and if you want to look at it) i'll upload the files you need to play it right. but, its just a quick fix, expect better from Slime or boingo.

Replica

I would like to see what you've done, but my computer suddenly said, No GZdoom for you! so now i'm trying to speed it up by getting rid of spyware.

Atariangamer

:( ... Well, maybe it will work for ZDooM as well...

OOH! and I recomend Spybot: Search and Destroy for the Spyware. It'll fix problems all the other ones won't find. And it won't damage important registry files like some ones. I like it, and I haven't gotten infected since.

Atariangamer

SRY FOR DOUBLE POST, BUT I HAS A RELEASE AND A REQUEST.
http://files.filefront.com/tucqingzdoomrar/;9928001;/fileinfo.html
In the above folder there is tucq(edited to try and fix textures), a patch, and a .bat file. Edit the bat to try and run in zdoom

I have a predicament. They are still being stretched, even as textures. Try to figgure it out. BTW the patch is incomplete. The different ammo amounts in higher levels feths the workz. but try it and see. Its kinda weird, but its playable.

Manny Cav

Personally, I'll be glad when TUCQ finally gets ported over to GZDoom and I don't have to muck with any patches, but I wonder if the switch will leave some mods that depend on TUCQ in the dust....
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

well, if TUCQ is fully supported, then the ones that don't re DEHACKED it will be fine. Newmaps, eventhough based on TUCQ, is extensively added to and modded. It will require more than just a nice TUCQ. I could have put the patch into the TUCQ wad, but its much better this way. scratch that, easier. N E one tried it yet?

Replica

My mod was also ported for TUCQ, but i've already switched ;). (@Artariangamer, I do have spybot, but thanks ;)) I'm trying it right now, but its still slow. :'(

Atariangamer

twill be better when its finished...if not, try to get Ccleaner...that will clean you out, but it runs much faster after clearing IE temp files, temp files, bad shortcuts, and messed registry entries.

Replica

I used window washer that gained me 2.6 GB's!!!! :o but its still slow. :'( (Your patch works perfectly without openGL ;))