Replica's New Zorcher

Started by Replica, July 29, 2008, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

mob720

Kewl. It's like a rocket launcher that fires in bursts and doesn't hurt the player. Good job.
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Atariangamer

Hey...yknow what this looks like? Those food launchers. I'd like to see EXACTLY that! like, bannas instead of red zorch tings...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

It gives me a DECORATE line 48 error, saying: Actor Lightning is already defined.

?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Replica

um, maybe you don't have the newest GZdoom?

@Atarian Gamer. I dont think shooting strawberrys will do anything to a Flemoid. :-X

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

did you read what chuck said? He said the original plan was to have guns shoot strawberrys, bananas, and milk at flemoids...of course, now we know that just makes them grow. LOL

Replica

You see, I planed to put it in CQJOL. But, shooting fruit wouldn't do anything. Also, I don't think the first pic was for the fruit shooters. :-\

Mikhail

Quote from: Replica on July 30, 2008, 01:18:43 PM
um, maybe you don't have the newest GZdoom?

@Atarian Gamer. I dont think shooting strawberrys will do anything to a Flemoid. :-X

Fruit yogurt?

Sorry for being a noob, but where would I find GZdoom, and a guide to using it?

The Green Avenger

Hey, no prob.  It's better you be new, than you not be here at all, isn't is?

GZDooM is available at its site, here: http://grafzahl.drdteam.org/

As for a guide to using it, I don't really know.  I'm pretty sure there's one on the site somewhere...

And welcome to the forums!  If you'd like, you can post a new thread in the 'Introductions' forums.
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

Atariangamer

Eh...how to use GZDooM...lets just say plain chex quest:
1. Unzip GZDooM to a folder...something simple and easy to find ('C:\DOOM\GZDooM' would work fine)
2. Grab a copy of chex.wad (there's one at Manny Cav's site here)
-- Then rename it to doomu.wad (GZDooM doesn't recognize chex.wad, but it will recognize doomu.wad)
3. place the .wad into the directory with GZDooM
4. Unzip this wad into the same folder.
5. Drag and Drop the weapons wad onto GZDooM.exe (a box may come up and ask for and IWAD, choose 'the ultimate -- doom')
6. Select New Game, Knee-Deep in the Dead, and choose a skill level.
7. To quick-get the weapon, type 'idkfa' in the middle of the gameplay. then press '5'. the weapon will come up.

Hope this works, have fun, and welcome to the forums!

Manny Cav

R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

O_O Where was that?! -_- I need to take a ftp through your site, manny...

Manny Cav

You don't need to do that. Clicking "GetWAD" on the main page would have revealed that file and some other files for a Skulltag GetWAD service.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Ah...You have a getwad page? oh...=-.-=

Anyway, I thought he might have a copy of the original chex quest handy...

But replica, about this thing...Whats its name?

Replica

ummm, IDK. lol. The concept art didn't say. :/