My Chex Quest 3 Walkthrough is now complete.

Started by Manny Cav, May 02, 2009, 09:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

The title says it all. You can download it here. I've wrote this walkthrough for Chukker's Chex Quest 3. I didn't want to clutter the topic by listing the location of every single item and Flemoid, but I did write a general direction through the levels to find all of the important and non-Master of the Obvious items, as well as all of the secrets. I also provided detailed information on the number of things a la Doom Wikia.

I'm posting this for review and constructive criticism on how to make it better. I haven't formatted the lines of text into neat paragraphs, because I plan on submitting this to GameFAQs, and I want any major revisions to be made before formatting the text. If you have trouble reading it, just open the text file in Notepad, click "Format" in the toolbar, then click "Word Wrap."
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Strife

Awesome work, Manny! =D You should see if you can upload this walkthrough to gamefaqs.com or a similar site so that it has a better chance of reaching people who don't visit the forum.

Manny Cav

Submitting to GameFAQs is part of the plan once the revisions, if any, are completed.

EDIT: Walkthrough has been updated with recent changes to Chex Quest 3.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

I have touched the walkthrough up some more. I decided to make two files out of it: a non-formated file with no line breaks, and a file with line breaks. The second one is the version I'm distributing. The FAQ has also showed up on GameFAQs. I think it looks right at home there. Don't you?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

Manny Cav

The good news: I got emails from two different high profile gaming websites, Super Cheats (a part of UGO.com) and Neoseeker, asking for permission to host my Chex Quest 3 walkthrough.

The bad news: Neither website even had Chex Quest 3 listed as a game!

And the ugly news: Super Cheats added Chex Quest 3 to their database, and got my walkthrough up here, but they managed to mess up my profile and say that my date of birth was sometime in 2003, which froze my account, since people under 13 can't contribute there.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ChexCommander

I wonder if there's a facepalm in the new Star Trek movie...

EDIT: Wait, so Manny, you're five?! Why didn't you tell us? XD

Atariangamer

As far as I remember, no...not one like Picard there.

And oh no...can you contact them and reset it?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

I just did.

Neoseeker got my walkthrough up, though they, too, messed up my profile to a degree.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

um...I just noticed something...

Under "A. The Basics" in the first paragraph...
Quote from: MannyCav
There are a multitude of *obsticales* in your
way, and devices you must use. I will cover them here.
Spelling Nistake, tru? (this was on GameFAQs)

Manny Cav

You dare n***-fy me after incidents like what happened here and here? You DARE nitpick and uber read into what I wrote to no point or purpose?! :P I'll correct it at once.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

hehe This however, has a point and purpose...unless you want to show them you speak Spanglish...

Manny Cav

No, sir. No Spanglish in my walkthroughs.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

pikmintaro

I don't mind a few spelling mistakes as long as I can understand it and the rest of it is good.

Great Walkthrough man thanks   ;)