CQ3 wins a Cacoward!

Started by Captain Ventris, December 11, 2008, 01:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Ventris

As some of you may know, each year since 4 years ago, Doomworld posts the annual Cacowards, giving out 'trophies' to the best (or worst) wads of each year. There are 10 Best of 2008 trophies, and one went to CQ3!!!

http://www.doomworld.com/15years/

The Green Avenger

And it richly deserves it!  Go Chex Quest!
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

arch129

xbolt

:o

...  :o

... ...  :o

I never would have guessed that a Chex Quest game would win WAD of the Year... If the Doomworld guys love the game, then Chuck must have done something right! ;D Well done Chukker, well done.

The Slimeinator

Yay. Yay. Yay. .yaY

Yay.

Yay.

Yay.

Yay.

Yay.

CQ 3 deserved this.

Yay.

Yay.

Yay.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

TheMasterOfBattle

I am sorry Slime, I am not sure I heard you. XD

ChexQuest 3 FTW!

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

nightwheel

Chex Quest 3 deserved it. I mean seriously, Chex Quest 3 revamped the Chex Quest series in a big way.

I'm starting to wonder if the Chex Quest series has a future once again. Maybe even sparking a Next Gen sequel.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

Replica

Well, done Chucker! :)

I'm not to happy on how they insulted it in the first sentence though.  :-\
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Josh

Wow doom world the biggest doom site on the face of the earth gives chex quest 3 a award nice chukker did a great job.

Datra

Indeed Chex Quest 3 deserves this award. This is probably the greatest award Chex Quest has recieved in modern times other than being in the top 5 greatest official doom mods of all time.

Quote from: nightwheel on December 11, 2008, 04:42:05 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the Chex Quest series has a future once again. Maybe even sparking a Next Gen sequel.

Well there's Violation Flemoid in the works.
CQHD Community Dev

Chukker

I'm glad to hear the Doomworld folks appreciated Chex 3. All of you should give yourselves a hand as well for playtesting, offering suggestions and finding bugs. Those contributions helped make Chex 3 a more professional and polished mod, which was pointed out in their review.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Replica on December 11, 2008, 06:01:24 PM
I'm not to happy on how they insulted it in the first sentence though.  :-\
If you'll read the beginning of the second paragraph, it will become blazingly obvious that the insults in the first secton was merely sarcasm, or setting up an "inverted proof," so to speak. ;) I don't think they meant any of that.

Hats of to the original Chex Quest team and Charles Jacobi for a fine sequel/modern port! I do wonder why they credited Charles Jacobi as the original creator, though. He was one of the original creators, and was the lead artist, but there was a team of developers, as well as those that originally came up with the idea. United Federation of Cereals is also mistakenly called "United Nations of Cereals." :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Captain Ventris

Quote from: Manny Cav on December 11, 2008, 11:20:32 PM
If you'll read the beginning of the second paragraph, it will become blazingly obvious that the insults in the first secton was merely sarcasm, or setting up an "inverted proof," so to speak. ;) I don't think they meant any of that.

If you'll actually read the FIRST paragraph, and I mean READ it, it will become blazingly obvious that it was pretty literal. They didn't insult the wad. They posed a valid point, that Chex Quest was good against all odds, despite being a cash-grabbing bid by a cereal company.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Captain Ventris on December 11, 2008, 11:37:20 PM
Quote from: Manny Cav on December 11, 2008, 11:20:32 PM

If you'll actually read the FIRST paragraph, and I mean READ it, it will become blazingly obvious that it was pretty literal. They didn't insult the wad. They posed a valid point, that Chex Quest was good against all odds, despite being a cash-grabbing bid by a cereal company.
Well, that's kind of what I meant, but... your version makes more sense. :D
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Replica

Yes... but you guys know I'm not as smart as you, and that I'm extremely gullible!
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.