Chex Quest related oddities.

Started by Manny Cav, September 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

Nope.  Lookie.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16178&start=0

And here. It was originally a ZDoom Weapon.  Try redownloading it from the ABOVE LINK, NOT BELOW.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14773&start=150
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

nightwheel

Chex Quest won't allow weapon changes when using the wad. There for not allowing me to use the wad

Do i need to rename the wad?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

The Slimeinator

You need to use the all-weapons cheat, IDFA.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

nightwheel

Quote from: The Slimeinator on December 05, 2008, 01:35:55 AM
You need to use the all-weapons cheat, IDFA.
How do I enable such cheat? I tried trying it innto the in-game command window but no dice.

Make me wonder if my copy of Chex Quest want to avoid Rick Rolling at all costs. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

The Slimeinator

You don't go to the command window. All you need to do is when you enter the game, enter those 4 letters and poof, you have all weapons.
Sometimes you've got to go where everybody knows your name.

James 1:5

nightwheel

Still no dice. I made sure to download the wad ChexCommander told me to download. And I did the cheat you told me to do.

I'm feeling kinda stupid right now since I'm a tech geek. And I can't get a doom mod to work.

The Green Avenger

Got it.  Type 'summon chainsaw' in the console.  A bootspork will pop up in front of you.  Pick it up, and it's actually the Rick Roller. (Might wanna lower music volume if you wanna hear ol' Rick roll them flemoids.)
Visit Chex Brigade, home of Chaos on Flemoid Prime!

The art of winning an argument is not so much proving your own point as it is systematically dismantling your opponent's point, leaving yours as the logical alternative.

nightwheel

I got it to work Finally. The Slimeinator helped me over aim. He gave me the wrong cheat.

How ever I'll try your idea too Green Avenger. Just to see if it also works.

Batmanifestdestiny

I remember one time I was surfing the series of tubes, and I found a website that was offering a download of the scifience CQ only if you made a 20 dollar donation.

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

...FAIL.

and akshully nightwheel, the cheat IDKFA is typed in w/o pressing the tidle key...same as IDDQD and IDCLIP. to do the same in the console, type 'give weapons' and it should give you all the available weapons.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

it doesn't seem to be working, when I tell TUCQ to play a single map with the rick mod I just get the normal bootspork.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Replica

Thats becuase legacy sucks and cannot run it. You need GZDoom.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Atariangamer

Thats because Legacy doesn't have DECORATE, not because it sucks. (Its the only one that can run TUCQ properly)

But GZDooM and ZDooM do, like Replica said.

arch129

I found this a Game Maker CQ game.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/63843

I tryed it, it ain't that good.

Atariangamer

:facepalm:
Anything that even LOOKS like its been in Paint is bad...

IDK