Chex Quest related oddities.

Started by Manny Cav, September 20, 2008, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthias720

Lode Runner? *raises hand* I've played it. (My dad has an original Atari cartridge!)
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Replica

Not quite the same. I got my CD from my parents; not from my grandparents. To answer your question, yes, I do have the CD.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

mob720

Quote from: matthias720 on December 21, 2009, 02:54:25 AM
Lode Runner? *raises hand* I've played it. (My dad has an original Atari cartridge!)

Nice! I have (had, rather) the version made for Compaq Presario PCs back in late 1990s. Then I downloaded Lode Runner Online back a couple years ago, but lost my levels from my HDD crash  :( I think I have the bulk of them on ye olde family PC.

Sorry for being off topic! :facepalm

Glad to know others out there have an original!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

ChexCommander

Quote from: xbolt on December 21, 2009, 02:28:40 AM
Quote from: mob720 on December 21, 2009, 02:26:10 AM
I got it (since I was only about 1 when CQ came out) is my grandparents actually bought the Chex with the CD in it, gave that to my dad, who in turn gave it to me sometime back when I dont even remember. But I do remember playing it over and over and over and over and over to no end. And I had fun every single time!

That's just about an exact copypasta of my story. XD

But I put the CD in an actual jewelcase, and used the sleeve as a cover insert. :D

Me too! I put it in a jewelcase to preserve the awesomeness. XD

But yeah, my dad got it in a cereal box, and he thought I'd like it. :D
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: ChexCommander on December 21, 2009, 07:46:54 PM
Quote from: xbolt on December 21, 2009, 02:28:40 AM
Quote from: mob720 on December 21, 2009, 02:26:10 AM
I got it (since I was only about 1 when CQ came out) is my grandparents actually bought the Chex with the CD in it, gave that to my dad, who in turn gave it to me sometime back when I dont even remember. But I do remember playing it over and over and over and over and over to no end. And I had fun every single time!

That's just about an exact copypasta of my story. XD

But I put the CD in an actual jewelcase, and used the sleeve as a cover insert. :D

Me too! I put it in a jewelcase to preserve the awesomeness. XD
So did we. In fact, it's within arm's reach in a CD tower right now.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

Atariangamer

I'm still confused as to where I first saw CQ...I'm pretty sure this is the right story...

The first hands on experience I got with it was in about 2005, when a friend gave me a backup copy he had...I forgot about it till about 2007, when I found the Tucows Version with CQ2 (complete with 50% DooM!). I went looking for more levels, and found...Xbolt'z 10th Anniversary wad. Couldn't get it working, so I went to the CQ Wiki to ask for help one day. He replied, and eventually became friends...I wanted to post some early levels on the forums, but at the time couldn't get an email (because I thought it only came with your internet service at the time) to register an account. So thats when Richie created my original email and registered my account on the old boards. almost 2 years later, here I am.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Have you played lode runner 2? It's amazing, but it doesn't work on x64 systems, unfortunately.

They have a mapmaker and all sorts of traps, it's a great game.

I still have the original cd in my cabinet somewhere, I didn't save any part of it other than the jewel case and the cd. I have no idea where the jewel case is.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

matthias720

This isn't so much an oddity, as an interesting CQ review.  I liked it for the candid, honest feelings the author had.  Read it here.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Quote from: matthias720 on January 17, 2010, 04:39:55 PM
This isn't so much an oddity, as an interesting CQ review.  I liked it for the candid, honest feelings the author had.  Read it here.

Aww, that's a great review! It brings me back to my younger days. :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

mob720

Still looking at my maps every now and then...

xbolt