IT'S COMING!

Started by Chukker, June 23, 2008, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replica

Its good to hear more proggress. :) Anyway, I think you missed what strife said.
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

brain candy

Atariangamer

AWESOME!!! and like Replica said, Strife could help you with textures (if you'd like)
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Josh

Quote from: Chukker on September 02, 2008, 02:28:54 PM
Bad news first - no new screens this month.
Now the good news - This weekend I successfully played a complete playthrough of Chex Quest 3! All maps are now in with full progressions possible without any cheats. So what's left to do? One map has significant texture work still needed, there are a few outstanding pieces of decoration and all maps need to have some secrets added and gameplay tuned. But it's close so that means that an initial release will be coming very soon!
wooot i want to play this so bad!

TheMasterOfBattle

Quote from: Josh on September 02, 2008, 04:33:42 PM
wooot i want to play this so bad!
I think that can be said for most people on this forum Josh. ;) ;D

*edit* fixed tag fail

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Josh

yes!!!!!!! i have play chexquest\chexquest2 all the way 10000000000000000's of times so i cant wait for a new one

Replica

Quote from: Atariangamer on September 02, 2008, 04:25:24 PM
AWESOME!!! and like Replica said, Strife could help you with textures (if you'd like)

I meant sound and music. :/
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

Manny Cav

Initial release, eh? So this mod will be made in the traditional style with multiple releases for updates and to work out bugs, right, Chukker?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

TheMasterOfBattle

I hate initial releases, at least it shows that good work is being done though. :)

Forgotten I may be, my legend will live on.

Manny Cav

Ah, yes, forgot something.
Quote from: Replica on September 02, 2008, 03:26:59 PM
Its good to hear more proggress. :) Anyway, I think you missed what strife said.
He may not have responded because he already has the music and sounds set. What's the status on that, Chukker?
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Limozeen

Quote from: Chukker on August 15, 2008, 03:09:50 PM
At my current pace, I should finish up in a few months. Definitely should be done by December.

Worth getting this holiday season for the stocking stuffers of download.. or.. game.. thats free.. and is a stocking stuffer.

arch129

WooHoo!
Yay!  ;D

I can't wait!   :D

Chukker

New sounds... I have a friend who helped me record some. So there will be some new flemoid sounds. As for new music... I had contacted Andrew Benson about some new songs. He sounded interested, but I have yet to get anything. I can always add them if I get them in the future. I saw Strife's post and I sent him a PM telling him if he was interested in making a new "bunny" track for the finale of Episode 3, I would be glad to have it. Otherwise I have re-purposed CQ1 and 2 tracks for the 5 new maps and I am happy with those for now.
Here is what to expect in my initial release- it will contains all five maps with all textures and decorations complete, all shell graphics in place, all new sprites finished and all new sounds will be in. Only outstanding issues will be new music and any multiplayer-specific support which I am not familiar with. I think you will find it a very comparable experience to playing Chex Quest 2 in its downloaded form back in the day.

arch129

Quote from: Chukker on September 02, 2008, 07:51:01 PM
As for new music... I had contacted Andrew Benson about some new songs. He sounded interested, but I have yet to get anything.
Andrew Benson?  ;D
Hmm, another orignal Digtal Cafe member working on Chex Quest 3.  :D

Captain Ventris

Wow, can't wait for this! The new Flemoids are definitely going in ZDoom Wars!