I Have an Idea!

Started by Datra, November 09, 2010, 11:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datra

Sorry ChexMangaCat for nabbing your title. But I feel that there should be a place where we could post random ideas we have that we think would be cool in a Chex Quest game or as part of the CQ universe.
Such as:

QG's idea for a Deployable Zorch Sentry.
The Chex Quest Proton Pack (Beam shooting Zorcher)
The Flem-Thrower (Flemoid Flame-thrower-like weapon)
CQHD Community Dev

MajorSlime

Taken.  XD

Well, not really, but i'd like to do the sentry, and if possible, the proton pack.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Datra

Both of those I'd love to see (especially a precision weapon that's not the railgun)
Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 10, 2010, 12:38:03 AM
i'd like to do the sentry
"Chex Warrior sappin' mah sentry!"

It was brought up that the sentry could have multiple zorch types. How exactly could that be worked out?
CQHD Community Dev

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: Datra on November 11, 2010, 03:36:38 PM

XD That's what I was thinking. But maybe more like "Chex Warrior Zorchin' Mah Sentry?"

MajorSlime

Both of those I'd love to see (especially a precision weapon that's not the railgun)

It was brought up that the sentry could have multiple zorch types. How exactly could that be worked out?

Oh, don't worry, i've got that covered.

EDIT: Okay, regular zorch and flame sentries have been completed. Should make an appearance in the SkullPack soon. Different types achieved because they are inventory items. Wait - did you mean one sentry have multiple zorch types?

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 11, 2010, 04:21:02 PM

EDIT: Okay, regular zorch and flame sentries have been completed. Should make an appearance in the SkullPack soon. Different types achieved because they are inventory items. Wait - did you mean one sentry have multiple zorch types?

Mostly ones with their own, but if they had all of them, perhaps you'd have to find zorch to load into them?

Datra

I remember someone saying something about maybe using the alt-fire to toggle between the different zorch types on the same sentry.
CQHD Community Dev

MajorSlime

Quote from: Datra on November 14, 2010, 08:04:31 PM

I remember someone saying something about maybe using the alt-fire to toggle between the different zorch types on the same sentry.

A sentry becomes a seperate entity when you spawn it, so thats not really possible. I believe I mentioned using the alt-fire to toggle between types to spawn (as in a weapon), but I decided to go a different way.

Oh, and, the proton pack, what exactly did you have in mind for it? Like, what does it shoot, exactly?

Datra

Some sort of directed beam. idk how it could work but I guess we could take a peek at the Ghostbusters .wad to see how they did it (assuming they had that type of weapon in the game)

I do have a design for the Proton Pack in the works if you need one.
CQHD Community Dev

noob1234

QuadrumpusGuy

can flemoids even go into water? They'd have to be waterproof (or insoluble in water... their slime would have to be not made of ionic compounds, which makes sense since flem is an orgainic compound, naturally)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

I could see only the armored flemoids going into water. The BWA would need to be fully armored though for submersion. So, basically this limits the Cyclopti, Super Cyclopti, and maybe the BWA, or any new flemoids for going into water. Though, the Super cycloptis does kind of remind me of a submarine...

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on November 16, 2010, 01:42:37 PM
Though, the Super cycloptis does kind of remind me of a submarine...

That's a cool idea, add some flem micro missile torpedo ports on the sides and give it a different propulsion system and you'd have a cool enemy.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

noob1234

they DO go in the water in some mods... but ya it doesnt make sense. and the torpedo idea is cool!