Speedrun
1 (5.9%)
Bootspoon only
1 (5.9%)
Other
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

LAZ Trooper

What style of playing do you use when playing Chex Quest? I tend to be more "play it safe" and wait behind the door/wall for the flemoids to come around the corner so I never get slimed, but sometimes I do go right into the middle of things zorching like crazy.

Also, what controls do you use? For usual Chex Quest I usually have my right hand on the arrow keys for movement with my left hand moving around the rest of the keyboard for other functions; while in Skulltag Chex Quest, because I decided to turn off autoaim (doesn't work on the railzorcher anyway) I know have my right hand using the mouse, and my left hand usually right at the L and / keys (mouse look toggle and jump).
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

xbolt

Same as most other games.

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!

MajorSlime

Yeah, I always have my right hand on the mouse (with freelook always on), and left hand on the arrow keys. I use shift for jump and ctrl for duck, since they're right next to the arrow keys. It works quite well. For use, I usually used space bar, but since its so far away, i've been either using another mouse button (oh yeah, right click is alt fire), or another key near the arrow keys.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Atariangamer

I'm a mix of charge and stealth. Since I play WAY too much HL2 and L4D, even games with lesser AI I treat the same. If a part can be zipped through, I go through Rambo, and just get em all along the way. But if I come to a hallway, I'll do something sneaky to trap em, or I'll just creep along.

But I either use full classic, or I go with a modern config. That is, WASD movement, E for use, Space for Jump, C to crouch, Shift to walk (set to always run), and mouse to aim, M1 to shoot, M2 alt fire, and the wheel for weapon switch.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Per-Scan

Quote from: Atariangamer on November 04, 2010, 09:17:26 AM
I'm a mix of charge and stealth... If a part can be zipped through, I go through Rambo, and just get em all along the way. But if I come to a hallway, I'll do something sneaky to trap em, or I'll just creep along.

But I either use full classic, or I go with a modern config. That is, WASD movement, E for use, Space for Jump, C to crouch, Shift to walk (set to always run), and mouse to aim, M1 to shoot, M2 alt fire, and the wheel for weapon switch.

This is pretty much me except I use a wireless number pad for left hand controls but the same 'finger' layout.  Sometimes I like to gouch on the couch with a wireless 360 controller though.  Pizza to hand!

Replica

Personally, in CQ I "Charge" with zorchers a blaze. Like Atarian though, I do a protect/cover method in say HL2 (HARD MODE ALL THE VAY!).
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

matthias720

I combine Play it Safe and Rambo Style. O_O
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

I pretty much go Rambo all the way, trying for some crazy trick shots or combos when I can.

For all of the first year I started CQ Multiplayer and hosted Skulltag (and all the time before that) I played classic arrow keys, no mouse, with classic controls.

These days (after way too much TF2 and HL2) I play WASD, using always freelook on my mouse and I jump with right-click and use the mousewheel to change weapons sometimes.  Arrow keys + mouse just feels really weird to me.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

I like to play it safe and use a propulsor or rapidzorcher from far away, but i use the rapid, large, or sometimes bootspork if up close (only with melee enemies). if theres a ton of them i use a phasing zorcher, or a LAZ occasionally. As for controls, I either use arrowkeys/ctrl fire/spacebar use, \ to jump, / to crouch, number keys to switch or WASD to move, mouselook always on, leftclick to fire, rightclick to jump, spacebar to use.

mob720

I search and destroy. Find the flemoids making the noise and zap em!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Datra

I never could get the feel for the classic controls. I use the WASD setup when I play.
For single-player I seem to always use the bootspoon/spork just for kicks.
But I go in with guns a' blazin in multiplayer just because Everybody runs @ 60mph and I can't fight against it any other way because of that. :P
CQHD Community Dev

CHEX_MAN

Bootspoon only when I get the berserk.  It is never in Chex Quest, but I made some maps on my own with the berserk powerup.