The Facilities on Bazoik - Do they stack up?

Started by LAZ Trooper, October 21, 2010, 11:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pikazec2012

just a random thought from a person who hasnt opened doom builder in quite a while. why couldnt we just connect them all on a linear level. just replace the switches at the end of each level with a door that went straight into the next level. just a thought.
I'm Pikazec2012 and this is my favorite site on the internet! (yes i know im 3 years behind on this meme)

QuadrumpusGuy

That's what I was thinking of. Or a hallway, teleporter, elevator, etc.

ChexCommander

I feel like teleporters would be kind of cheap, though. Elevators/doors/hallways would be way cooler, imo.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

QuadrumpusGuy

yeah. Less teleporters. Perhaps don't even add in the small boxes you start in on E1M2, E1M3, E1M4, and E1M5? (For E1M4, merge the elevator with the final room of E1M3)

MajorSlime

Like I said, if you want to go with the hallway/door/elevator idea, just tell me. I know a way to use (not really teleporters) to make it seem like your actually going from one place to another. Seemlessly. Like its really connected.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

MajorSlime

The lost quest goes from level to level. This is supposed to be all one level. Picture it this way: pretend Zdoom/GZDoom/whatever you use can do multiple floors quite easily. You then actually put the floors vertically like in the diagram. Well, I can make it seem like its like that, without switching the level, having the teleporter lag time/noise/graphic, or anything like that.

LAZ Trooper

Yeah, I've seen stuff like that. If you want to do this, go ahead. (but make sure you include an elevator of proper height between E1M2 and E1M3 ;) )
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

wait, is this project being designated to me? Wow, I think I must have over exaccerated my point. X_X
Oh well, maybe next week, or the end of this week, I can get this done...

LAZ Trooper

Well this was never really anything more than a discussion of it and how it could be done, so there's no real rush or obligation or anything to do it. ::)
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

I was working on this for a few minutes a minute ago, and i've got E1M1 and E1M2 connected. Just need to make the keys you have on the two levels get taken away when going between them. And then have the appropiate keys given back to you when you go back. XD

rexxor

This sounds like a great idea. One problem I'd find though is, I like to play the game on nightmare with respawning flemoids and the hardest settings possible. And when its like that they respawn and start hunting me down. Now imagine if I killed all in e1m1 then by the end I'd have a whole swarm of them to fight off. Now really relating to hat the main topic is about but just something to think about XD
Steam Profile Feel Free to add me :D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044913149

MajorSlime

hrmmm...

good point, i really have no idea how to fix that. anyone?

put block monsters on all the doors leading to the next area
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem