Grand Theft Auto III mod

Started by samuraiclinton, August 24, 2010, 03:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samuraiclinton

I would like to see Chex Quest occur on other game engines someday.  For instance, maybe the working title of a GTA3 mod with Chex Quest resources should be "Chex Theft Auto".  The premise of this mod should include flemoids being the ones driving the cars which the Chex guy steals from them.  Also, the water that the protagonist of GTA3 dies when jumping in should be green slime for the Chex Quest mod.  Also, the force of a car crash should zap flemoids to their other dimension since we can say that the 12V ground on the body of the vehicles will electrify them.

Another thing is, I'd like this Grand Theft Auto mod to be an ALL AGES game similar to how Chex Quest was an attempt at getting DOOM to be played by younger computer users.  We could say that the Flemoids got their own law enforcement squad in which we can fill in the other gaps later.

I have such ideas on how Chex Quest should be presented.  That I think Grand Theft Auto III has overtaken the popularity of Classic Doom; this is why Chex Quest should treat Liberty City as "Chex City" in this mod.

ChexCommander

Dang, if we could get a CQ mod in GTA, I would be so pumped. Requires a lot of models, though.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

Gah, I only got GTA:SA...and I've never even looked at modding GTA past possibly new models.

Then again, if we had a modeler, any sort of post doom project could take off.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

I was thinking of doing some 3d modeling eventually, but I want to make more progress on this mod first 

Maybe after I've got enough maps, I'll try to port it to a newer engine  :)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Datra

Ive ALWAYS been wanting to see Chex City in it's entirety. I just think that would be one of the coolest things ever and GTA engine would be excellent for that.
CQHD Community Dev

ChexCommander

That would be sick. Have the museum over here, the cinema over there, the arboretum up in some skyscraper, and the streets in between... :)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

(the arboretum was in bazoik, btw, but there can be one in the city)
I agree with datra and chexcommander wholeheartedly. I think the actual city would be more awesome than the gameplay.