Console Commands

Started by Wodd, May 25, 2010, 04:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wodd

What console commands exist in Chex Quest? I tried Help even and that did no good.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

Pirinja

noclip is the only one I've tried and that works
"The proof is in the pudding. The pudding... of their doom."Higahizawa-The World Ends With You

Wodd

I would assume that turns clipping off (just like charlesjacobi does).
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)

ChexCommander

It depends what engine you use. (G)ZDooM has console commands like noclip and god, or the old-school iddqd type-while-you-play cheats. Legacy also uses a console, but uses different commands.

On the original CQ engine, I don't think it uses console commands unless you use the original cheats or play it through an engine.

EDIT: Also, I think this belongs in CQ Discussion. ;)
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

I know a few (GZdoom/Skulltag)

All commands I know are in the form [Action]_[object]

-------------------------------

MAP [MAPlump]

The most basic one, for example

MAP MAP01

would bring you to MAP01

MAP E1M1

would bring you to E1M1

--------------------------------------------

Summon creates an actor right in front of you.

summon <actor>

summons an actor of class <actor>

example
summon chainsaw
summons a chainsaw in front of you
summon shotgunguy
or
summon bipedicus
would summon a bipedicus

no spaces are accepted in commands, so two word actor names would be one word, e.g.

summon archvile

would summon an arch vile.

You can summon any actor, be it a decoration, actor, weapon, ammo, enemy... provided you know the correct actor name! Some of the actors' names are weird, for example, the mancubus's actor name is "fatso"

I don't know all the chex quest actor names, so I use the doom ones.

---------------

give gives you (the player) something.

give <keyword>

I don't know all the keywords.

"give all" gives everything
"give ammo" is the same as idfa

-------------------

a few others

god mode on/off

toggles invincibility, same as iddqd

noclip

no clipping mode on/off, same as idclip

freeze monsters

freezes all monsters... I think you can freeze specific players and anything else that moves.
"freeze monsters" freezes decorations too
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Wodd

I will have to try some of those. I have tried "god" (with the quotation marks excluded),  but that did not work.

Most of those seem to work. Just a note though:  When summoning flemoids, you need to type flemoidus followed by the name. So far, the ones that I have found to work are commonus, bipedicus, maximus, flem mines, and stridicus. Typing flembrane summons a maximus and typing flembomination summons the Flembomination. If you summon the Flembomination though, you might want to do it in a large area (such as just prior to entering the arboretum's yellow door) (although maybe not too, since that is so that it will actually shoot slime balls at you). I tried to summon Lord Snotfulus, but it did not work. Perhaps I misspelled Snotfulus. Yes, I did. Trying again
It still did not work.

Something funny:  Watching stridicus run around the exterior of the end of the Chex Museum. I would imagine that it would probably do a rather quick 100 yard dash. LOL

I always use the doom actor names for summoning, I have a hard time remembering all the flemoid names.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on May 27, 2010, 07:50:27 PM
I always use the doom actor names for summoning, I have a hard time remembering all the flemoid names.

Yeah, spidermastermind and cyberdemon worked for Flebomination and Lord Snotfolus in GZDoom.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Wodd

I figured out that typing summon supercycloptis summons a [genuine*] Super Cycloptis, typing summon larva summons a Larva, and typing summon snotfolus summons the genuine* Lord Snotfolus.

* genuine:  This term is used because if the player types summon cacodemon, the character looks like a Super Cycloptis, but its slime balls are transluscent. The same is [somewhat] true for Lord Snotfolus. If the player types summon cyberdemon, the character that appears looks like Lord Snotfolus, but when it fires, the slime balls are transluscent and it sounds and acts like the Zorch Propulsor. It is kind of funny though how that can be used to kill other flemoids. Although, you can use the weird pink things on the Meteor Spaceship to do that. I would not recommend returning them with the Superboot Spork though unless you are invincible, as they will hurt the Chex warrior as well. I am unsure what those are called though to [at least try to] summon them. By the way, as far as I can detect, flem mines do not respawn and if the player types summon lostsoul, the flem mine is transluscent (but this is not the case if the player was to type summon flemmine). I still have not figured out the command for the cycloptis though. I tried both cycloptis and flemoiduscycloptis and neither one works.

mob720

type bind k "summon commanderkeen" , press k repeatedly while moving and try to hide amongst an army of chex guys!
Still looking at my maps every now and then...

Wodd

Quote from: 75try "summon demon" ;)

Unless I am mistaken, I believe that actually summons stridicus. Stridicus indeed

Quote from: mob720type bind k "summon commanderkeen" , press k repeatedly while moving and try to hide amongst an army of chex guys!

I think that I had read about Commander Keen's appearance in Doom somewhere (or something like that). The Commander Keen series is awesome too. I have mostly played episode four, but I have played a little bit of episodes 1, 2, 3, and 5 as well. I think that I read something about a sixth episode (I believe that one is titled Aliens Ate My Babysitter.), though I have not played that one.

I went though the third episode on Super Slimy! (invincible*) just for the grins and giggles of it and discovered that almost every flemoid gets a speed boost. I can see why I got to only United Cereals and I did that only once. Even if I got to Villa Chex, I think that I would probably have so little health that the stridicus in the beginning would have stopped me. Oh, and don't even get me started on Lord Snotfolus' room and the room before it! LOL

There were two more that I tried as well, but they did not work. Let's see here, what were they again? Imp and what? Was it Baron of Hell? Perhaps

Nope, not Baron of Hell, that summons a maximus. Perhaps it was only the imp. I thought that there were two, but maybe not

* "Speaking" of which, I wonder if SV_Cheats is still true for that difficulty or if closing it made it false again. It would appear that SV_Cheats is indeed made false again.

you're right, summon imp does not work. I don't know why.

Villa chex is really fun on super slimy, actually. Stay sharp in the maze, those super cyclopti can shoot through the bushes. You better not cheat and jump through the maze.

Chex quest is a lot easier than doom on nightmare, probably because the commonous and bipedicus can't shoot at a distance. Those shotgun zombies really hurt when they shoot three times a second. I can't get past E1M3 on ultimate doom.

SV_cheats is false on superslimy. there's a way to get around that, but I'll let you figure that out.

Wodd

Quote from: 75you're right, summon imp does not work. I don't know why.

That may have simply been an oversight on the programmers' part as with the other ones that I mentioned.

Quote from: 75You better not cheat and jump through the maze.

As far as I know, the Chex warrior cannot jump through the maze anyway, though he might be able to if he jumped on a flemoid first.

Quote from: 75SV_cheats is false on superslimy. there's a way to get around that, but I'll let you figure that out.

I did
That is how I discovered how challenging it would be to go through the third episode without cheating (though I did manage to get through all of episode one and I have gotten to the sewer system on the second episode). In fact, I have gotten to the last part of it, but I end up getting slimed. I usually try to "be as quiet as possible" when going through the cinema's red door though. Armored bipedicus can be a pain in the neck to deal with sometimes and I think that would definitely be one of those times.

Quote from: 75Stay sharp in the maze, those super cyclopti can shoot through the bushes.

The super cycloptis' ability to shoot through the bushes would certainly not make that any easier.