Chex Quest Gallery gone; needs new castodian/webmaster.

Started by Manny Cav, September 24, 2009, 12:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

Richie informed me about this this morning. Since the server switch, he told me that there wouldn't be enough room for Chex Quest Gallery on www.chexquest.org. Chex Quest Gallery is gone for now, but not wiped. It exists in its entirety on my computer. It will have to be moved again, though, and there's more to it still.

I no longer have the time to maintain it, but this recent thing really set things in motion. What I basically need is someone willing to host Chex Quest Gallery in its entirety online. I've already got the bulk of the downloads and things set in place, so the new webmaster would only have to make occasional updates to stuff. The template for creating new material and articles in the webpages is already set. One would merely have to make a brief examination of the files in Notepad to figure out how to edit them properly. The stylesheet doesn't need to be altered. The size of the archive is 514 MB.

If you're interested in hosting it, give me a PM or email at m a n n y c a v @ c h e x q u e s t . o r g, tell me where it's going, what your credentials are, and what you plan on doing with it. I'll give you the rest of the details.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

I dont have any place to be hosting it, but if there is any way I could get the archive, I'd be glad to save that as a backup.

Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Richie

A good free host is 000webhost.  They're a little gimmicky and their FTP is pure crap, but they offer lots of space and bandwidth.  No advertisements, either.  http://www.000webhost.com/

ChexCommander

They're the $0.00 web host, but then they advertise their premium package.... :facepalm
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on September 24, 2009, 08:26:09 AM
I dont have any place to be hosting it, but if there is any way I could get the archive, I'd be glad to save that as a backup.

I was intending to do that for whoever could take over. I've actually already uploaded the big ol' ZIP for such a reason. I'd be glad to share the link with you if you so desired--although you do have a bit of a history with wiped hard drives, system restores, losing files, and such. :P
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

I now have 2 laptops, 2 desktops, an 8 gig flash drive, and a 320 gig usb hdd. I stick it on each, and off we go.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

Here it is, then.

Remember, I'm still looking for someone who can officially host this entire website, so anyone with such intentions must email me, PM me, or post in this topic. Da link can't stay up forever.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

linuxlove

i'll be interested in hosting the site, if no one else has already offered.

linuxlove

:facepalm Disregard the above post unless xbolt doesn't work out

ChexCommander

"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods