Chex Quest Walkthrough: IV. Rescue on Bazoik

Started by Manny Cav, April 20, 2009, 10:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manny Cav

I decided against having a large, bulky Walkthroughs section on my website, and instead opted for a GameFAQs-style .txt walkthrough for Chex Quest 3. As a part of the walkthrough, I decided to give a hand at transcribing the intro and end videos for Chex Quest, so they could be read as part of the story in my walkthrough.

Here's the intro, copied from a section of my walkthrough in progress. Constructive criticism and other comments to improve this transcription (and consequently, my walkthrough) is welcome.

Central Command orbited high above the planet. This was the place to be. People were flying in to get to a special meeting. The Intergalactic Federation of Cereals had found something mind jarring on the nutritional mines of Bazoik, and they apparently thought it was important enough to scramble the whole Federation, as well as Chex Squadron.

The last of the ships came in, one carrying a Dr. Josh Crispinbowl. The security door opened three different ways to reveal Dr. Crispinbowl. He walked through the guarded entrance to the meeting room where Admiral (Muriel) Wheet, leader of the Senior Cereal Council, was going to be giving a speech on these happenings. Dr. Crispinbowl already knew what the subject matter was. It was his research team that had discovered the Flemoids in the first place. He had came prepared with the results of his experimentation that Admiral Wheet, a close personal friend of his, had asked him to bring.

Admiral Wheet went into her speech. "Last week, a volcano exploded on planet Bazoik, launching particles of rock into space." The video screen behind her depicted the volcanic explosion. "One of these asteroids was captured by the squadron and brought to our labs."

Dr. Crispinbowl set down his transparent case he had been carrying. It appeared to contain just a rock from the volcano explosion, but everyone knew better than that. They just didn't know what else was in there. Dr. Crispinbowl opened the case, and took out a large magnifying glass to double check his discoveries. Sure enough, tiny green larvae could be seen squirming around on the rock.

He then began his presentation. With a somewhat-Russian accent, he said, "We were investigating these blobules as proof of cellular life on other planets, when we discovered that they actually contain eggs to an evil cereal eating creature from another dimension!" The screen behind Admiral Wheet and Dr. Crispinbowl then changed to depict a xeon ray examination of a Flemoid larva. "We call them--Flemoids." The screen changed again, showing a picture of a full-grown Flemoidus Commonus specimen. For the next stage of his experiment, he took a dripper and filled it up with some milk he had brought. "When Flemoid eggs are exposed to nutritional substances, the eggs hatch." He then took the dripper, put a drop of milk into the case, and quickly closed the case. The case began to shake violently, surprising General Breakfaust and capturing his full attention. Suddenly, a large pea-like blob with two large eyes grew out and took up the whole case.

General Breakfaust just could not believe he saw what he just did. He was the first to speak out. "Proposterous! We have a nutritional development center in the caverns of Bazoik. They're growing fruit and vegetables, and they haven't had ANY trouble!"

"General, two days ago we lost contact with Bazoik," responded Admiral Wheet in a grim tone. This statement caught the entire audience's attention. People starting rising and talking to each other. "We can only assume the Flemoids have taken over."

Dr. Crispinbowl added to the bad news. "To make matters worse, we have found that conventional weapons seem to have no effect on Flemoids!"

"We need a volunteer," said Admiral Wheet, "to fly to the caverns of Bazoik and attempt a rescue of our citizens there!"

Another skeptic by the name of General Puffer rose up and retorted, "That's ridiculous! What soldier would be fool enough to enter a cavern full of unstoppable Flemoids from another dimension?!"

For his last experiment in response to General Puffer's question, Dr. Crispinbowl pulled out a zorcher. "By recalibrating the phase frequency of our zorchers, to match that of our transporters, we can send the Flemoids back to their own dimensions." He then pointed the zorcher at the case he had brought to the meeting and used it on the case. Zorch energy encompassed the case, making it disappear in a bright, white flash.

"We NEED a volunteer," stressed Admiral Wheet. A hush filled the room, and the once-excited crowd, including Generals Breakfaust and Puffer, sulked down at this thought-provoking statement from Admiral Wheet.

Then, when all seemed quiet and hopeless, you, Fred Chexter, the leader of Chex Squadron, rose up to the occasion and announced, "I'm from Chex Squadron, and I volunteer!" The crowd was once again filled with emotion, rising up to see this brave face.

There was no time to waste. You quickly prepped for battle, and was rushed out to your ship that had docked to Central Command. You took off in a hurry, for there was a planet full of desperate people that needed help against these Flemoids.

After a relatively short journey, your ship landed down in the Bazoik landing zone. The landing was unusually quiet. You stepped out, knowing full well that this would not be the case for long. This was it. You're their only defense. You had to defeat these evil Flemoids, or else, all would be lost for Bazoik.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

NICE! Great work translating the intro into story.

...but why is this IV? where is I, II, and III?
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

It's in section IV of my walkthrough. The first three are  I. Version Updates, II. Introduction, and III. Gameplay Information. This comes right before the walkthrough for E1M1.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

ReesePuff

This is great!

I even love the funny names you used!  I mean, Admiral Wheet?  Haha!!

But now I understand how the story goes!

Anonymous (ChexGuy331)

Very nice. I always planned on doing something like this, using the names of the difficulty names spread out (The Chex Warrior stepped out of his craft cautiously, murmuring "Easy does it...").

CHEX_MAN

Your ears must be better than mine.  I couldn't understand some things that they said.

Atariangamer

I'm really late to this, but these names are the ones from the Chex Quest website...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.