I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noob1234

What about the queen in [dead] CQ return of the queen?

Atariangamer

Yeah, Snotfolus isn't the ruler of the flemoids...or, borrowing from Dvader, the queen. (that is one thing that i wouldn't mind making an apperance...a queen flemoid)

if we were gonna make expansions (like the duke nukem 3d had expansion games), you could play as Chex Warrior going around the world to the different sites where other invasion ships landed...could you imagine London or Tokyo styled environs, cartoon styled, and covered in slime?

but drawing in another thread or two...a the canceled mod for the RAGE engine had its story flemoids being transformed cereal trapped in the flemoid dimension. I also vividly remember a thing from quake 4 where you underwent a surgery to be transformed into an enemy. Maybe something not so violent as that, but maybe you could be testing out a new teleportation module that uses relay tech to make it more reliable and closed circut. however, unknown to the young scientists, they are relaying into the flemoids dimension (points if you get where this is from).  well, they try to do a relay to bazoik, but this shorts out the teleport, causing you to get glimpses into the otherwise unreachable (and unsurvivable) flemoid dimension. after bouncing between the 3 places you end up on bazoik. the scientists shut down the teleports and work on their power supply some more...but as chexter walks out, a piece of goo comes off from his boot...it slowly crawls to a crack in the rock wall, then disappears...
...the next morning, chexter wakes up to test the teleport again, only to find the door slimed shut...and insert good plot here XD

(sorry, we're kinda brainstorming and i just had a downpour)

EDIT: You guys took my idea! :D
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

noob1234

Atariangamer

now...who wants to make a mod with all that?! XD

ChexCommander

If Slime didn't have 7 mods out already (or is it 8?), I would ask him.  :D

I think Alice Jameson was trying to make a mod with a queen...I tried a little Photoshopping of Snotfolus, but it needs moar work.

And nice idea, Atarian!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Chex MangaCat

Hmm. I don't know how I came up with this idea, but, you know how there are commonuses and bipedicuses? Well, why not a tripedicus? I don't know if I spelled that right...
GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE! GEORGIE!

matthias720

Sorry to rain on your parade, but someone thought of that already.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

arch129

I'm sure there was a Tripedicus in the unofficial Chex Quest 4, but I never got to that level. : (

Atariangamer

I havent seen the tripedicus!

ChexCommander

How about an 8-legged flemoid? An octopedicus?

GameMaster

Quote from: ChexCommander on July 07, 2009, 06:15:12 PM
How about an 8-legged flemoid? An octopedicus?
I can see the puns already.

I was thinking of that for a spider mastermind project, but I can't think of a way to do it that isn't lame....

Maybe we shouldn't TRY to replace the doom monsters... The more I think about it the more it occurs to me how little it matters to make this that kind of a TC

That's a cool story Atari, hmmm.... but doesn't A New Mission already go into the flemoid dimension?

What if the chex labs started trying to churn out a "slime armor" for a disguize, and Chexter went undercover into their homeworld?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

OH WOW...but then that would mean there are cereal shaped flemoids...

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: Atariangamer on July 08, 2009, 12:48:11 AM
OH WOW...but then that would mean there are cereal shaped flemoids...
unless you wear lots of slime, then you're just fat ;)

What about a prequel based on when the teleporters were new, and little did intergalactic cereals united know that they had set the frequency on the teleporter to cross dimensions into the flem dimension before arriving at the location, and in a freak power failure in the middle of teleporting, someone from the Chex squadron get's caught in the dimension for a little while, and in a beginning cut scene a-la Half-life, he see's little glimpses of the flem dimension, but arrives back at ICU shortly.  For some reason, though, everyone seems to be running away from him, and he could really go for a bowl of wheat Chex.  Little did this man know that he had teleported on top of a flemoid, and in the process, their brains swapped bodies!  So now he's a flemoid in the cereal dimension, and the commonus he landed on now looks like chex in the flem dimension.  This specimen of a man (gee, that sounds like some pick-up line) is then locked up for studying, but while he is locked up in his flemmy form, the flemoid tribune (a group of flemoid leaders) can pick up on his location through bio-detectors directed for slime!  Several years and a government converup of a teleporter mishap later, the flemoid invasion has begun.

How's that for some fancy thoughtwork? :)

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

ChexCommander

Now we need either a book, movie, or mod about it, and we're all set.  ;)

I actually thought Slime's version of the Mastermind was cool. The red/green mix was nice. And the Flebomination is awesome. But most of the flemoids in TNCQ G2 and CQ G2 are just recolored flemoids. ><