Original CQ Zorchers and sounds in Chex Quest 3 (Stolen)

Started by Lee-king, May 24, 2009, 02:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee-king

I know it's probably not a good idea to bring up the stolen Chex Quest 3 since it usually brings up a lot of trouble to the fans; but that's not what I'm intending to do. I was wondering if anyone has ever succeeded in getting back the original weapons and sound effects in the game. Because I would actually enjoying playing it a lot more if it retained the same sounds and weapons like the three official episodes.

Thanks,
Lee-King

arch129

I have done that before.  If you know how to use XWE it's easy to do.

Since the unofficial Chex Quest 3 was just a PWAD removing the new Zorcher sounds and sprites should make it work.

Atariangamer

yes, it would. However, the levels arent the best looking outside of their respective mods...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

Manny Cav

The el cheapo way of doing this is to just run the Eternity series of mods as PWADs of chex.wad or chex3.wad. Of course, you'd lose the new patches and flats made for Chex Quest 3, but assuming Atariangamer's word is true, you wouldn't miss out on too terribly much.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Atariangamer

Well, its weird...you can tell they tried to make it look nice, but its much better in its original forms.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

matthias720

It would be nice to have the non-stolen parts of CQ3(s) remade into an official fan project.  Just a thought.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Manny Cav

True_Dude's Chex Quest Revolution is close to that, but unless I'm mistaken, the plans for it aren't to replace anything, but to "legitimatize" all of the stolen content. Of course, I wouldn't know as much about that project as True_Dude does.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

ChexCommander

Heh, I haven't seen progress on that mod in...well, ever...

I personally thought CQ3S wasn't too bad of a mod. It was fun, I liked the [stolen] zorchers (the shotgun and the rocket launcher bazooka thing), and the Prison level was enjoyable.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Lee-king

Quote from: arch129 on May 24, 2009, 02:46:10 PM
I have done that before.  If you know how to use XWE it's easy to do.

Since the unofficial Chex Quest 3 was just a PWAD removing the new Zorcher sounds and sprites should make it work.

Actually, I don't know how to use XWE =X/

arch129

Manny Cav

But you didn't tell him how. :P Besides, I just stick to SLumpEd to do my WAD editing. WAY better than XWE. Of course, if you must use XWE, then you can just Google for help. (Ha ha, Firefox butchered the URL with Firefox stuff. I hope it doesn't konk out Internet Explorer. :P)
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

arch129

Try this.

This is the file I had on my computer, it removes all of the changed Zorchers and Zorcher/Flemoid sounds.

Lee-king

Quote from: arch129 on May 26, 2009, 07:13:20 PM
Try this.

This is the file I had on my computer, it removes all of the changed Zorchers and Zorcher/Flemoid sounds.

Sorry to bring this up on such late notice (3 months (LOL)), but how do I work this file? I confess because I've been busy this summer working and all of that =:-)

Wodd

I have a copy of the game, but I do not remember how I played it. I have a batch file (chex3.bat), a wad file (chex3.wad), and a text file (README3.txt). The text file does not seem to help me though. I tried using DooM Legacy, but that did not seem to work. It would appear that I cannot delete this post, so it can be disregarded. I got what I needed now.
"Cast your burden upon the Lord." (Psalm 55:22, Daysies, April 6)
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13, Daysies, March 10)