Chex Quest 3 is now available for download!!!

Started by Chukker, September 06, 2008, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

Hey, if Andrew/Chuck is listening, heres something...

Drew's 'Sky Is Down' would fit the CQ3 songs...I would enjoy playing to this track. BTW, your songs rock, man.

UPDATE: Actually, lets just call the whole thing off and put his CD as the background...his tracks ROCK!
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Is there a link where I can hear this awesomeness? I'd like to hear it.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

ChexCommander

Good gosh, that's amazing stuff!

And you can listen to it as many times as you want, just don't sign up for an account and always delete your temp files and cookies.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Datra

Oh good lord that's great music. I can totally see myself playing Chex Quest to this music.
CQHD Community Dev

Atariangamer

So, how about it? Any chance of a MIDI version for our new CQ? (and as I said, it feels classic like CQ1 and 2, but fills the style set by 3)

those tracks were the my faves, I thought you (chukker) made them

I'll see what I can come up with  :)
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

DOS4dinner

Is there some way to use this wad file with the original DOS Chex Quest, so that it may be run in DOSBox? I'm using Linux, and Wine doesn't seem to like the windows exe very well.

In DOS, no one can hear you click.

Manny Cav

Absolutely not. Way too much ZDoom stuff and DECORATE for that to even work. If Linux does not like the EXE provided, then your best hope is to find a Linux-compatible version of ZDoom or GZDoom.
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

Batmanifestdestiny

Quote from: Manny Cav on January 10, 2009, 12:27:54 PM
Absolutely not. Way too much ZDoom stuff and DECORATE for that to even work. If Linux does not like the EXE provided, then your best hope is to find a Linux-compatible version of ZDoom or GZDoom.
He's correct, and there is indeed linux versions, or at least something similar(as Skulltag runs in linux).

please visit my website.

Use the CQ IRC channel!

Atariangamer

Best bet, sir, is to get Skulltag. GZDooM's OpenGL stuff messes up in Linux thus far, and ZDoom has been deemed a bit to complex to port...IDK Y.

DOS4dinner

Quote from: Atariangamer on January 10, 2009, 04:58:24 PM
Best bet, sir, is to get Skulltag. GZDooM's OpenGL stuff messes up in Linux thus far, and ZDoom has been deemed a bit to complex to port...IDK Y.

I'll try skulltag. Hopefully it will work.

EDIT: Okay, skulltag is up and running. Now, how do I get it to use the chex3.wad? I tried running it with the command ./skulltag -iwad chex3.wad, and it gives me a "Skulltag cannot run a shareware IWAD, due to licensing" error.

Atariangamer

um...

go to manny cav's site (its in his signature) and download the slimlined CQ. rename CHEX.wad to DOOMU.wad and place it in the skulltag directory. then run skulltag with chex3.wad as a PWAD. the CQ3 wad should overwrite the old chex.wad stuff and allow you to play...I think

try it and see.

Manny Cav

Quote from: Atariangamer on January 11, 2009, 02:13:58 AM
um...

go to manny cav's site (its in his signature) and download the slimlined CQ. rename CHEX.wad to DOOMU.wad and place it in the skulltag directory. then run skulltag with chex3.wad as a PWAD. the CQ3 wad should overwrite the old chex.wad stuff and allow you to play...I think

try it and see.
Or how about just downloading doomu.zip? :D All other things aside, does the latest build of Skulltag even have the necessary modifications to it to be able to run chex3.wad effectively? I don't think it's ready yet. I even tried doing it as you posted and got the familiar error that signifies that it isn't built for CQ3.

Script error, "DECORATE" line 8:
Replaced type 'FlemoidusCommonus' not found
R.I.P. The Game
January 3rd, 1937-
January 7th, 2010

DOS4dinner

Quote from: Atariangamer on January 11, 2009, 02:13:58 AM
um...

try it and see.

How do you launch Chex3 as a Pwad?