I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atariangamer

...OK, like Newmaps?

I have a wad that taught me alot about cameras and text and cutscenes (even how to skip them), but the content of said wad is NOT good. Also, (G)ZDooM cutscenes aren't well documented, as thats something that 'DooM shouldn't have'. They're designed to be security cameras, some times to be linked to a render target texture. But with alot of scripting, you can make smooth stuff.

The camera movements will hafta be mathematically plotted and implemented.
And the wads that have good cutscenes are Glassyman's Gamarra Soul Story wads. It has examples of the basic scripts needed for a cutscene. I shall not link them yet, unless you REALLY want to see...its just I know of no other wad that does stuff like that.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

no... I mean it plays when doom launches, before you see the game's menu.

Is that even possible?

If it can't be an intro MOVIE, is it possible to have an animated title screen, like how chexter's foot moves in the intermission screens in E2?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

ChexCommander

I thought you were talking about Glassyman...*shudder*

Anyways, I haven't seen too many GZDoom cutscenes. If we could find a way, awesome.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

...KDiZD. Have you ever looked at it?

You place in a scripted map called INTROMAP and it plays before/during the menu.

if not KDiZD, get Urban Brawl. Same thing. Its all done via scripting in the map. Its not a full shutout (like L4D's intro, its a movie before the game starts, then when it finishes, it loads the game and menu), but most people will wanna watch it before they hit escape.

And CC, I WAS talking bout glassyman. His maps have good examples of simple cutscenes (though the content of said cutscenes aren't always good)

BOTTOM LINE: when using zdoom or gzdoom, there is a map title that automatically plays at the beginning of the game. look it up.

ChexCommander

I should have put more emphasis on the "thought" part. When I read the beginning of the other post, I was like, "Hmm, glassyman?" Then you said it.

I've been meaning to play KDiZD, haven't got around to it. Urban Brawl, yes. Fun game.
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Great! thank you

I don't like Urban Brawl personally... the Cel shaded graphics are great but I've never really liked that style of story very much (I don't care much for DN3D either)

KDiZD? Is that some wiki, or is that a game?
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Atariangamer

KDiZD is Knee-Deep in ZDooM. its a mod that basically remade Shareware DooM in the highest quality available to ZDooM. Its chock full of little known features and advanced techniques. I suggest getting it. Runs with Ultimate or Doom2, I believe...

Datra

Idea: what if there are really small flemoid larva (like the kind seen in the intro movie) that can sneak into an unsuspecting cereal person through their nose and create the effects of a cold (complete with slime drippings from runny nose) but when left there for too long, they grow the ability to control the mind of the host and (if the flemoids were originally cereal people) press on to transforming the host into a flemoid from the inside out... *looks around*
CQHD Community Dev

That's pretty cool, I think you're on to something there  ;)

Does anyone know of a program that can cut parts out of audio files and combine them with other audio files? I have this huge blank space...

Replica

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but you can copy/past/delete in Audacity.

Quote from: Atariangamer on August 23, 2009, 09:45:26 AM
...OK, like Newmaps?

I have a wad that taught me alot about cameras and text and cutscenes (even how to skip them), but the content of said wad is NOT good. Also, (G)ZDooM cutscenes aren't well documented, as thats something that 'DooM shouldn't have'. They're designed to be security cameras, some times to be linked to a render target texture. But with alot of scripting, you can make smooth stuff.

The camera movements will hafta be mathematically plotted and implemented.
And the wads that have good cutscenes are Glassyman's Gamarra Soul Story wads. It has examples of the basic scripts needed for a cutscene. I shall not link them yet, unless you REALLY want to see...its just I know of no other wad that does stuff like that.

*Cough* Moving cameras are smooth *cough*
I know what you're thinking. No, I don't like peanut butter.

If I had to choose between the real world or the Chex Quest Fan forums; I'd choose the Chex Quest fan forums.

matthias720

@Darta: That sounds a lot like the Goa'ould from Stargate SG-1.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Quote from: Replica on September 02, 2009, 11:47:11 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but you can copy/past/delete in Audacity.

That was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Datra

Quote from: matthias720 on September 02, 2009, 02:39:05 PM
@Darta: That sounds a lot like the Goa'ould from Stargate SG-1.

Now that you mention it, it is pretty similar. though I don't recal the Goa'ould mutating their host.
CQHD Community Dev

Datra

double-post due to super epic idea!!!

if you guys are the people I think you are, then these next 4 words will be really intense!
[spoiler]pOrtal: Chex Quest edition![/spoiler]
CQHD Community Dev

Atariangamer

I WISH IT WAS POSSIBLE.

Yet a mod like that is AMAZINGLY hard.