I have an idea.....

Started by Chex MangaCat, May 11, 2009, 11:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loremaster

Quote from: The Slimeinator on June 30, 2009, 11:18:27 PM
Quote from: 75 on June 30, 2009, 09:51:34 PM
I dunno, maybe that's what it sounds like to us but it's actually a real language?

That's what I always thought.

Interesting, Interesting... I like where this discussion is going!

Flemoids MUST be intelligent, considering that they use armor and technology [Bipedicus with Armor and Cycloptis], so I suppose it MUST be some sort of language. Now, another good question is this: do they make sounds that are outside the hearing range of Chexter? Hm, that could be pretty cool for a game, using a device that can pick up their ultra-sonic or infra-sonic sounds...

Another question I have is: could it be some sort of 'combat cant'? That is, a simplified verbal code language used among soldiers in the field? If that's true, then are the civilian flemoids?
Did we really just spend the last decade talking about Chex Quest? Yes. Yes we did.

I regret nothing!

ChexCommander

Hm, yes, if these Flemoids are soldiers...there probably would have to be ones that didn't fight...I wonder what they'd look like? More like a Bipedicus? A Commonus? Something completely different?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Atariangamer

they're just a blob with eyes that move...harmless unless you get right up next to them...
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

ChexCommander

Ah, you mean like in the intro video?

Hey, I never thought of that.... I guess the only reason they need the ability to slime is so that they can defend themselves.

They could probably take any form they desire, and since they MUST be sentient to have armor and spaceships, I guess it's up to them what they want to look like
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Atariangamer

OHMAN...a shape shifter flemoid...with armor, can become BWA or cycloptis, without can become Communus, biped, or quad.

THAT would be epic...

ChexCommander

That totally WOULD be epic! Awesome!

Or the bosses - Maximus can transform into Flebomination, or if powerful enough, Lord Snotfolus!

xbolt

Quote from: Atariangamer on July 06, 2009, 07:39:30 PM
OHMAN...a shape shifter flemoid...with armor, can become BWA or cycloptis, without can become Communus, biped, or quad.

THAT would be epic...

Indeed. ;D

But what would be its reason for being anything other than its most powerful form?

ChexCommander

Atmosphere, environment...for example, BWA and cycloptis have different purposes.

As for the non-armor or the bosses...there'd have to be a reason.

Atariangamer

the flembrane could turn into a pool of slime, slide across the room to a propulsor, and then morph into a cybie! WAT

ChexCommander

That's a really cool idea, maybe even have a sentry flemoid behind a wall that could pick up weapons and shoot them at you from a distance. Rockets when you're far away, chaingun when you're getting closer, and a shotgun when you're really close

Or the super boss sounds cool too, I see a kind of a "Kriby and the Crystal Shards" kind of thing going on.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

noob1234

This is getting VERRRRY interesting...

I don't think they should be able to turn into Lord Snotfolus, because, y'know, he's the King of them all! (for now...)

About the flemoid talking thing... In Chex Quest Generation 2, they DO talk to you in ep4

arch129

Lord Snotfolus is a leader, but I don't remember anything about him being the ruler of "all" of the Flemoids, I though as him just as a leader of the particular Invasion.

matthias720

If Snotfolus is just a leader, then we need an even more power monarch to rule the Snotfolus-style leaders.  A queen perhaps?
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware