MajorSlime

I have finished 4 maps:

http://chexquestreflections.webs.com/SkullPackMaps.wad

Finished ones:
REF01
REF04
REF07
REF08

REF06 is my test map, if you want, you can take a look, i've got some test stuff lying around in there.

Completely ignore REF02; its gonna be completely redone. From scratch.

The rest are a work in progress.

None of them are named, so name them whatever you want. And yes, I fixed the camera error in REF07, where it changed everyones camera when you fell.

All resources are included in the wad. Take whats needed, pick and choose from the rest.  XD

EDIT: Oh, also for QuadrumpusGuy, MYLOUNGE contains my lounge room, and the library. The library is probably not done, though. It also contains a door I made for the lounge. You might like it.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 14, 2010, 08:21:34 PM
And yes, I fixed the camera error in REF07, where it changed everyones camera when you fell.

great! I can use that for DUEL03

REF01 - The layout of this map is just terrible... it's really easy to fall down and get trapped between boxes. You shouldn't have to do a jumpmaze just to get around. I think you should just forget about this one.

REF04 -  I think the map should be darker, it's odd to see it be so bright even though it's night time outside. Otherwise, it's cool!

Some light contrast effects in an area like this (i.e., lower the light level and put dynamic lights around it so that it's dark near the pillar and light around it or something like that, to make a cool transition from inside (light) to a skylight (dark)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

would make it really awesome.

Also, some variation in the hallways would be cool too. Maybe turn down the lights and use more dynamic lighting.

REF07 -

I like some things about it, this is one of the cool things you've done with it

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Very nice work with the placement of the thing bridges, but you might want to vary the texture you use, that silver thin one gets really repetitive after a while, maybe take a single brick out of that white brick texture and use that? Maybe after some resizing?

here's what needs fixing

[spoiler][/spoiler]

the texture on this building is really bland, and the light looks really weird there.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

bland again...

The white bricks in the first screenshot give an awesome, floating Roman city sort of feeling. I'm NOT SAYING make everything out of white brick, but you should definitely go with shiny textures, at least. If you really want to use gray, use something like marble or finished granite. Anything but roughed up dingy-looking stone.

REF08 - not sure what to say about this one, since it needs a new sky. Nice work with the sand over the road. You might not want to make the pumpkin sound repeat so often, it sounds strange.

Also... they're a bit too effective. They should be mildly annoying, at most. Not deadly or extremely windy, like they are now.

I mentioned this before

[spoiler][/spoiler]

the way you used that texture it's too hard to tell what the shape of that ledge is. Add more contrast.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

Yeah, I was probably gonna scrap REF01 anyway. I just couldn't get it to work. Maybe use the portal gun in another map...

REF04 - Now that you think about it, it should definately be darker inside.

REF07 - Yeah, i didn't have a lot of textures to work with, and couldn't find some good ones. I'll have to look into that... I kinda threw in the dynamic light to add some variety, but... yeah.  XD

REF08 - I like the pumpkin sound, but I can see where your going. I'll change that. Right, that ledge. And... I completely forgot about the sky.  XD I'll get right to that. Could I use the one from the desert invasion?

And did you look at the test map?

I forgot ref06. I tried out all that stuff before using "give all"

I'd rather not re-use sky textures. Besides, it's not night time in your map. It's a night sky.

Try www.cgtextures.com

or... look at this http://www.chexquest.org/index.php?topic=2955.0

A few things I forgot to mention

The portal gun sprite is not very good. I think I already told you why, but I'll tell you again if you need me to.

1. The turrets.

They look very nice, but they look a lot like weapons. Did you get them from Realm667? The boxes look good, although they look a bit nondescript. Can you make it more obvious that they are turret boxes, so you can tell from a distance?

They rotate a bit too slowly

They should have flem and zorch death states, the explosion doesn't work for either.  Good job getting the flemoids to attack it!

2. The Nuze

it still looks like an obvious Eriance rip, and I had a hard time using it, it took me a couple tries to figure out what alt fire and fire do, and I'm still not completely sure.

Also, the NUZE projectile and ammo sprites need some work.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

hmm...

I didn't think the turrets looked to much like weapons. And I really have no ideas for the boxes. I mean, what else can you do?  :-\

And yeah, the rotation. They don't actually rotate, they just immediately aim and fire, but theres a little random pause before you do. I'm not quite sure why. I'll have to look at them. And, yeah, their not completly done.

I haven't done anything to the NUZE yet.

Not much progress on my part since

- I've been busy with schoolwork
- Doombuilder doesn't work on linux
- I am having trouble getting SLADE to work on linux

I'll get back to mapping in a bit.

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm... I just had an awesome idea for Deathmatch/CTF

What about a Provincial Park Conversion with some stuff added?  ;D

Not much progress recently, sorry... school hasn't been fun

MajorSlime

XD

wait- don't you get break?

I got two days off for thanksgiving, but all that means is I have two extra days to figure this junk out  :facepalm

This semester will be over really soon, though... thank goodness

QuadrumpusGuy

Here is what I've been working on so far. This is a storage area for Gold and Silver, etc. This will be a Deathmatch map.

[spoiler]
This is inside one of the storage rooms. There is a fort constructed of mini crates (There is a way to lower a section of the crates to get in)

Here is a room filled with Gold and Silver ingots on racks and platforms. (This room is inaccessible... for now - It may just be for display.)

The Courtyard in the center of the facility.
A small area for storing crates.[/spoiler]

It's Looking good QG!

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm... should there be Co-op maps in the mod?

noob1234

hmm, mebe... but we can already do that with the 15 CQ3 maps... but they're not really designed to be coop... idk, it's a good idea.

MajorSlime

I've got platformer co-op maps I could make.  ;D