Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuadrumpusGuy

Started work on the Digital Cafe area of the Lounge (Yes, and actual Cafe representation XD) With Checkerboard floors, lights, and booths. Not sure about windows, but there will be a Computer terminal, and a light switch to turn off the lights so you can see the pretty Neon Digital Cafe Signs. Maybe some switches to summon food. I'll make food items part of inventory. Yes, this could be quite one size of a project. We'll see how it goes.

MajorSlime

Awesomenesss!

Quote from: Per-Scan on November 04, 2010, 10:37:38 AM
Can I ask a stupid question?  I can't seem to get ST to play online without masses of lag (an ongoing issue with my ISP) and I would love to play this.  Is there a single player campaign maybe with bots or the like a la the original ST?

And yes, you can play offline. If your using DoomSeeker, create a server, and in the options for setup, setup everything with the appropiate wads, then click the play offline button at the bottom. Then you can just use the console command "addbot" (or maybe its "add bot" - I don't remember). They don't play very well, though Invasion might be fun.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

For the next release, I've added all of the invasion maps to an episode, so people who like to play by themselves can do so easily.

There's not much point in adding bots in invasion, from my experience the only thing they are good at is drawing fire.

To play invasion maps in the current release, P14,  start the game, bring up the console (defaults to the '~' key, you can change it in the options->customize controls menu) and type "MAP <MAP LUMP NAME>" (without quotations) To warp to a map.

For example, if you wanted to play INV01, you'd open the console and type

MAP INV01

you can do deathmatch with bots, but some of the maps go really badly with bots (DUEL03, for example...)

To play deathmatch offline, go into the main menu and select MULTIPLAYER, then go to offline skirmish. You can pick your mode/bots on that menu.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on November 04, 2010, 07:56:38 PM
Then you can just use the console command "addbot" (or maybe its "add bot" - I don't remember). They don't play very well, though Invasion might be fun.

The command is "ADDBOT", but that won't work in my game since I didn't assign any bots in CMPGNINF. You have to do it through the multiplayer-> Offline skirmish menu.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

1. Quote failure!  XD

2. Really? I used it in game, and it worked.

try it again in P14. It won't work on any map of any game mode except the DURXXs and MAPXXs

I'm going to get rid of some of that for the next release, since CMPGNINF only effects invasion anyway.

EDIT - I got rid of a bunch of music tracks that I didn't need (none of your guys's stuff, don't worry)... I got the entire .pk3 down to 17.0 MB!

The last one was 50 MB

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

noob1234

Fixed up DUEL03, you can still run off the edge, the ledges are more of a warning.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MajorSlime

QuadrumpusGuy

The Whaleware center has been put into the map successfully.  ;D The HOM effects have been fixed.

LAZ Trooper

Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

matthias720

:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware

Atariangamer

*looks at own map*

...back to drawing board.
Don't remember me as I was...I was an idiot.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: matthias720 on November 07, 2010, 03:49:07 PM
Picture plz.

When I'm in Open GL. It will look better in Open GL than in Software.

noob1234

no more ghettobox ownage in DUEL03... :D

Quote from: noob1234 on November 08, 2010, 02:00:26 AM
no more ghettobox ownage in DUEL03... :D

Actually, you can still do that.