Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChexCommander

If I remember that map correctly, the whole level was insane. XD
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

Sure. Send me the wad.

By the way - this isn't going to be a public server.

and we're still on for tonight.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

MajorSlime

and just when i'm not around my computer.  :(
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

noob1234

sadly, i cannot be there either.

QuadrumpusGuy

The lounge map has begun!! I've been gathering some textures, and made some recolors of the Digital Cafe Logo.

I made a Red, Blue, and Pink one.

noob1234

wait why'd we need recolors again?

QuadrumpusGuy

They are for Neon Signs.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: ChexCommander on November 02, 2010, 06:27:40 PM
If I remember that map correctly, the whole level was insane. XD
Don't you mean the whole game? I don't think I've ever done more than a few levels without invincibility...

And we weren't able to try out the map yesterday because XWE likes the mangle TEXTURE lumps...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

ChexCommander

What, TNCQ G2? Nah, I managed. Some of the stuff in the first releases was from DooM II, and that wasn't too bad. It was an epic mod, but yeah, if you were playing on Super Slimey, I certainly bet it was insane. XD

LAZ Trooper

Well, my playing style has usually been "play it safe" where I just wait for them to come around the corner, and so I didn't really like parts where they were surrounding me or I had nowhere to hide. Maybe I should start a "What's your playing style" topic...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

ChexCommander

Ah, I prefer the Rambo/Leeroy Jenkins/berserker type gameplay where I just rush headfirst into the battle and try to get some crazy trick shots. XD

I'm working on two things

1. Converting the wad to a .pk3

This is 100% done. As far as I can tell, everything is working as it should be.

2. Converting the maps to UDMF.

Every map will be in UDMF format for the next release. Editors - you'll be amazed at how much easier UDMF is. 

I did one map so far, but I haven't fixed the linedefs since the config isn't done yet.

3. Making the Chex Skulltag Pack UDMF config

This... is turning out to be difficult. My config currently makes doombuilder do really bizarre things (jump randomly from thing to thing in the menu, and display monsters as decorations, ...  :facepalm <why doesn't it work?>)

I'll figure it out. Worst case scenario I'll change one of the lower level files and #include it into the configuration. I'm almost certain that would fix the problem, but I don't want to do that unless I have to since then I'll have two config files to mess around with.

I'll post something one the doombuilder forums... I don't want to do something the hacky way.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

Per-Scan

Can I ask a stupid question?  I can't seem to get ST to play online without masses of lag (an ongoing issue with my ISP) and I would love to play this.  Is there a single player campaign maybe with bots or the like a la the original ST?

ChexCommander

You can play the CQ3 campaign...or I believe you can also do a deathmatch or invasion mode with bots. :)