Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: LAZ Trooper on October 27, 2010, 09:16:16 PM
Quote from: 75 on October 25, 2010, 09:11:01 PM
unless... you put the camera at the end of a long hallway and maybe gave the players a couple closets
That actually got my brain going in the direction that got me the idea for the level I'm working on now. XD  It's going pretty well, too.

Btw, whenever I play Pro Zorchmatch Arena I'm always bugged by things that aren't quite right or don't make sense. Could I send you a fixed version for you to just copy the whole thing over, not just add the things you noticed?

Sure. I've figured out how to add and delete maps in the wad, and it's pretty easy. Back then I was worried doing stuff like that would corrupt the wad, but it's no big deal.

Quote from: noob1234 on October 27, 2010, 07:39:08 PM
to me it looks like he's in mid stride; his right leg is closer than his left leg and the back foot's on the ground. He's about to put his front foot down. But I do agree, it should be flat when firing.

Quote from: me before I put it in game
nah, it'll look really great! the perspective is perfect...

just to prove it to you I'll put him in game...

good thing I only have to fix two rotations.  :facepalm

good catch guys. The perspective is correct... for a titlepic. Close up it looks great, but far away, it looks like he's standing on one foot while firing. I might have done the entire monster without realizing that that stance only works for up close
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

MajorSlime

I thought so. But oh well, everyone makes mistakes. I've made many more than I can count on this project alone.

EDIT: The Deserted Halloween Town is coming along nicely; wind and incindiary pumpkins are complete, fully functional, and in my opinion, quite cool. Might finish tommorrow.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

LAZ Trooper

Okay, here's my fixed DM01. Also a fixed CTF02 (there were some missing textures, a few slightly wrong parts)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

DM01 - I don't like the sides you added to the bleachers, it should be open so people can easily jump from one side to the other. If you block that path, it's harder to jump from one side to the other. It might look a little nicer, but it makes it harder to get around...

Also, the texture you used for the sides lacks detail.

I see you fixed the ACS for the map. That, I will put in.

CTF02 - hmm... what did you do? I looked carefully but it looks and feels the same...

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on October 29, 2010, 02:07:13 AM
DM01 - I don't like the sides you added to the bleachers, it should be open so people can easily jump from one side to the other. If you block that path, it's harder to jump from one side to the other. It might look a little nicer, but it makes it harder to get around...

Also, the texture you used for the sides lacks detail.

I see you fixed the ACS for the map. That, I will put in.

CTF02 - hmm... what did you do? I looked carefully but it looks and feels the same...
Okay, I guess I won't try to be realistic anymore... :P

CTF02 - Like I said, I fixed some missing textures/HOMs and stuff like that. Just because you don't see anything immediately doesn't mean I didn't fix anything...

Current Projects:
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

where are these missing textures at?

LAZ Trooper

Do you not use the Map Analysis Mode (aka Check Map Errors) feature in Doom Builder?

Current Projects:

LAZ Trooper

Okay, here's my latest map (LAZ16), and don't tell me it needs something changed. I spent four days on this. Anyway, so this is a zorchmatch map, but it almost feels like it could be an actual level in a mod, or it could even be turned into an invasion map if you added more on to it (which I may just do...)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Current Projects:

It's nice  :)

this would make a great invasion map. I recommend hubble images for the skybox http://hubblesite.org/gallery/

They're free to use

QuadrumpusGuy

Arboretum CTF Is almost done! All I need to do is configure the cameras, and create a Deathmatch variant.  ;D I may change the music again though. Shall I make a poll?

I'm going to redo some of the enemy placements INV03 and INV04 to make the levels a lot harder. Before, it was actually pretty easy to beat the levels, just stand back and hold down the fire button.

The next version will be much, much more challenging. More like what I did with INV03 and INV04. You won't be able to coast through them anymore.

oh, I wanted to mention something...

QuoteDo you not use the Map Analysis Mode (aka Check Map Errors) feature in Doom Builder?

Not all missing textures are something to worry about. Sometimes it's just a linedef where no texture is needed.

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah. Less Common Felmoids would be good. Maybe more flem mines and Quadrumpi. Also, feel free to put Caeruleus on roids since he can be downed by a team throwing chain lightning, frozen orbs, freezing missiles, rail zorcher shots, etc. in less than a minute.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on November 01, 2010, 12:39:51 AM
QuoteDo you not use the Map Analysis Mode (aka Check Map Errors) feature in Doom Builder?

Not all missing textures are something to worry about. Sometimes it's just a linedef where no texture is needed.
Yes, but there was one or two in the main part of the map, in places you could possibly see (although not easily normally). I'm somewhat persnickety about this stuff. :P

Current Projects:

I looked through it, most of the missing textures were invisible, but I fixed the ones that weren't. A couple missing light textures and a box that didn't have a back side.

LAZ Trooper

I've got an invasion map almost complete, and if we're still on for tonight we could test it out. It's based on MAP34 of TNCQG2, and uses the insane boss. XD

Current Projects: