Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

lets make a giant lounge, with various sections based on various map locations/mods, etc.! The main part can be the space chex lounge.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah. We need to do some texture extractions first. Yeah, perhaps we should make seperate sections and then combine them onto one map. I'm going to put a claptrap in my map.

this game needs a great menu theme

I wish I could write music like this

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

I'm working on a Skull Tag -like map

this is red key room so far, I'm still working on making the textures look right. It needs chex suits of armor, and red/blue coats of arms. QG, do you know where I can find anything like that? I'd like the armor to be white/shiny metal with red/blue markings or stripes on it. If it turns out to be green with yellow markings on it, I can recolor it in photoshop, just as long as it has some sort of color pattern.

In my version of skulltag, you grab the key, and you use it to unlock a door in your base, which somehow gets you a point (haven't worked that part out yet)

This map is going to be moderately sized, each team gets a small castle. The "skulls" will be replaced with big, old style keys.

I hope I can do that without getting rid of the flemkeys (which are needed for Chex Quest 3)

EDIT - better screenshot

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

Looking nice! I think screen shots of the Arboretum CTF/DM are overdue... but I need to wrap up the center room as far as sloping across the perimeter goes. The locking system works great.

MajorSlime

Well, now, I guess I should share my awesome idea. I have no screens, because i haven't started, though. I'm going to make a protection map, where you protect something from a flemoid invasion. Fun fun.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on October 18, 2010, 11:20:50 AM
I'm working on a Skull Tag -like map

this is red key room so far, I'm still working on making the textures look right. It needs chex suits of armor, and red/blue coats of arms. QG, do you know where I can find anything like that? I'd like the armor to be white/shiny metal with red/blue markings or stripes on it. If it turns out to be green with yellow markings on it, I can recolor it in photoshop, just as long as it has some sort of color pattern.

In my version of skulltag, you grab the key, and you use it to unlock a door in your base, which somehow gets you a point (haven't worked that part out yet)

This map is going to be moderately sized, each team gets a small castle. The "skulls" will be replaced with big, old style keys.

I hope I can do that without getting rid of the flemkeys (which are needed for Chex Quest 3)

EDIT - better screenshot

I had an idea for doing Skulltag with the flemkeys, because we need something for scorepillars, I was thinking just do a modification of the little slime spurt/fountain thing, cause you'd just have to do a little modification to make to the animation of the flemkey being put on top and getting enveloped or something. (don't look at me, I can't do graphics)
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

It's been a while since I posted some progress, and finally, here's a preview of Arboretum CTF / DM (There will be 2 maps; I think my Crate Fortress map is screwed up because of more then 1 type of spawn point)

[spoiler]

Here is the main area. It has plenty of trees and doesn't lag! Also, there are 2 towers for any rail gunners to go to. Also, there are some miniature bases composed of crates in which you can take cover. There will be some health and zorch in those, and perhaps a zorcher/powerup/etc. on that top crate. Also, the stream does move. Notice the aqueducts in the upper parts of the area.

This is what the flag room looks like - has some nice vibrant detailing. Also, you can travel through the water streams.

This is the Security room (Much improved from the Crate Fortress one) The Computers activate different sets of locks that will either block off the front door, the back door, or the waterways to your flag room. Also, this room is just outside the flag room in the hallway. There will be 2 Monitors so you can watch the flag room. I'm thinking in the Deathmatch variant of blocking this room off. There will be quite a few changes in the Deathmatch Variant.

So what do you guys think of it so far?
[/spoiler]

MajorSlime

Interesting...

my one question is, the Security Room; is it usable in a way that you can just run by and press a button? I guess what i'm getting to is, will it take away from the gameplay by making you think too much/use it too often/take too long to use it?

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah, but it will take a couple seconds for the locks to be set. The one switch on the wall overrides the locks and resets all of them.

ChexCommander

I like the switch idea!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

QuadrumpusGuy

If you wanted to, you could just have one person hang out in the security room pressing switches. XD I won't place much in that room except for health to prevent camping.

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on October 25, 2010, 08:46:12 PM
Interesting...

I guess what i'm getting to is, will it take away from the gameplay by making you think too much/use it too often/take too long to use it?

I'm a bit worried about that too. If you can look at it and shut down one hallway really quickly, then it's fine... hmm... too bad there's no way to get some sort of radar or overhead camera of the general area surrounding the doors... that would probably be the best case scenario.

QuadrumpusGuy

Perhaps one camera in the Flag room and one in the hallway? Maybe a 3rd for outside?

EDIT: I could do something like in the Sports Arena with buttons that switches the camera.

nah, switching the camera makes it even more difficult, considering how fast the players run (~70 mph) you might only have a split second to catch one on camera.

unless... you put the camera at the end of a long hallway and maybe gave the players a couple closets  or crates to hide in / around/ dodge fire with.  ;)