Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

Okay, two levels for you today, 75. LAZ06 "Darkness" is now expanded and ready for you, plus LAZ13 "Whirlpool". I don't know how much use LAZ13 is, but it's an interesting concept. You'll see when you play it, but it's basically just conveyor belts going in circles in towards a instant-slime pit, and you can only turn and shoot. It can only be used for LMS, or you'll be able to move and have other zorchers (other than large, rapid, and mini), unless you know of a way to fix that.

Quote from: ChexCommander on October 11, 2010, 12:48:14 PM
Skulltag 98c?! Oh geez, I'm outdated...
XD

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

I like what you did with LAZ06, I'm going to add a bunch of Brightmaps and other cool stuff to it so it glows in the dark nicely.

As for whirlpool... I don't have much of a use for it.  Seems like it would be far too easy just to pull out the propulsor/zorchlauncher/railgun and blow people away with one hit.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm.. I may make the Arboretum a Bazoik Map... Would maybe adding some buildings outside the area to perhaps make it look like a colony be okay?

In the central room the water pours into a large whirlpool which if you fall in causes instant death.

LAZ Trooper

Quote from: 75 on October 11, 2010, 10:39:09 PM
I like what you did with LAZ06, I'm going to add a bunch of Brightmaps and other cool stuff to it so it glows in the dark nicely.

As for whirlpool... I don't have much of a use for it.  Seems like it would be far too easy just to pull out the propulsor/zorchlauncher/railgun and blow people away with one hit.
That's why I made it so you only get the large and rapid zorchers...
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

noob1234

Quote from: QuadrumpusGuy on October 11, 2010, 11:04:52 PM
Hmm.. I may make the Arboretum a Bazoik Map... Would maybe adding some buildings outside the area to perhaps make it look like a colony be okay?

In the central room the water pours into a large whirlpool which if you fall in causes instant death.
a non bazoik sky would make it more colony-y

I decided to scrap INV02. It was my second invasion map ever, and it shows. It was built really stupidly, and it would have been really hard for me to make it into something cool.

I never really had a clear idea of what I wanted the map to be, and I still don't, so it's gone. There's not much for me to restore or resurrect since I had no clue what I wanted to do with it from the start.

"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

MajorSlime

Thats the sewers, right? I thought that one was pretty cool...

If its the desert one, DONT SCRAP IT. If your stuck, just ask me.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

Datra

I thought that was the spaceport one.
CQHD Community Dev

It's this one

[spoiler][/spoiler]

if you think you can do something with it, it's all yours. To tell you the truth, when I started this map I had almost no idea what I was doing.

MajorSlime

1. Finish Act 1 Boss
2. Add inside of base (some abondoned outpost or something) for Act 2
3. Add subterranean levels or teleport to orbiting spaceship for Act 3

DO ET.
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

ChexCommander

Quote from: 75 on October 13, 2010, 12:55:44 AM
It's this one

[spoiler][/spoiler]

if you think you can do something with it, it's all yours. To tell you the truth, when I started this map I had almost no idea what I was doing.

Aww, I like that one! I think the whole ceiling-less outpost idea is really cool!
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

noob1234

I kind of like CM's idea. I removed the map from the wad, but I'll come back to it later if I come up with something good for it.

QuadrumpusGuy

I have been working on an Arboretum CTF/Deathmatch map lately... I'll get some screens later. It's really wierd in Software Mode because the stacked sector ceilings move around with you... but it's fine in OpenGL. I'll get some screens.

EDIT - Also, I've been thinking... Should I make a Lounge for the mod? I may just make an adaption of the Spacechex Lounge from the Cqlounge wad with some modifications. What do you guys think?

I think an adaptation of the space chex lounge is a really cool idea. Go for it!