Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAZ Trooper

Could you post a list of all the levels that will be in the next "full" release? It seems we have quite a bit now.

I did some work on LAZ08 on Friday. I changed around that place you teleport to that you complained about it being hard to zorch in by replacing the walls in the middle with counters, opening up the place a lot, but I still have lots of work on the spawners and everything.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

QuadrumpusGuy

The mining camp is going well. I have added a bunch of hilly terrain, and am adding a moat of slime around the main facility, with bridges leading across.

I was thinking of adding a Brano invasion map, after I found some cool music that would fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkp4GcOoP70&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZQzuxEJl-4&feature=related

but I have trouble with modding that sort of map...

Arch, if you ever feel like mapping for skulltag, I'll help you learn how to do it if you need some help  :whale

EDIT - I have to catch up on my homework today, if I can get everything done, I'll do more modding.

EDIT 2 - Hey wait, I should put in that animated phasing zorch ammo sprite while I'm thinking about it...

no... homework!

Random note: sometimes I like to start the mod and just hang out in DM02.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

guess what DUEL02 is
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

If it seems like I'm forgetting something, I probably am. Don't be afraid to speak up, sometimes I forget to change things.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

Started on DUEL03 - I'm not sure if jade plateau will make a good duel map, but I'm going to give it a shot

[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT - fixed lame skybox

EDIT2 - put a new skybox in DUEL02 (DK Zorchmatch)

and gave it a slight reddish tint

MajorSlime

i've got a curious question: do 3D floors not work on any competitive game types, or just not on deathmatch?
Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

QuadrumpusGuy

Any competitive gametype.

However, to sub for them, you can use Transfer Heights, Stacked Sectors, 3d Bridges + Midtextures, etc.

Anyways... here is my progress on the Bazoik Mining Facility Deathmatch map. I have already cut back on some sloped clusters and am willing to do it again to minimize lag (Trust me, looking at the map from the corner on top of the cliff lags quite a bit).

[spoiler]We have the facility itself (May do some manipulation with lowering the ceiling around it to create a cool effect, maybe for some sections of the building)

A tower which you can get up into by means of a ladder.

Bridges leading over a slime moat

A Small section of the kitchen (And a bit of the very low detailed for the moment mess hall - there are some food spills on the floor and a slimed employee - you can't access the rest because of the slimed door - [spoiler]There's nothing behind it  ;D[/spoiler] ) By the way, I don't think anyone's going to want to eat the food in the trays at this point.... XD

The kitchen itself, is a secret area. You can't access it by jumping over the counter. Instead, you'll have to do something else...

[/spoiler]

MajorSlime

My Progress:

REF01 - [||||||  ] - unnamed - singleflag warehouse ctf - I need to make this look more abandoned, and maybe some placement changes
REF02 - [        ] - Virtual Reality - dynamicly changing invasion - This is going to be completely redone
REF03 - [||||    ] - Cyberspace Wars - techno multiflag ctf - Need to change some areas and add some varying textures
REF04 - [||||||| ] - Lost Conference - lost quest/IFC lounge/conference - I need to add some background outside detail
REF05 - [||||    ] - Attack on the Capital - chex city invasion - Decided to add new area, and i'm still messing around with texture variation
REF06 - [||      ] - Sandbox - all game modes - Still working on getting the first one working, then i have to customize for all the game modes
REF07 - [        ] - Bringing the War to the Enemy - invasion on flemoid home world - still in concept, no mapping yet

NUZE - [||||||||] - Finished! (Neo-Uber Zorch Emitter, a nuke launcher. screens soon)
Slime Grenade - [|       ] - still in concept, but I have the basics from other slime weapons
Zorch Hole - [        ] - still in concept, will be a zorch hole in reality, which sucks in nearby enemies; rare weapon

I almost forgot - I added a thing bridge to DUEL03

MajorSlime

I almost forgot: two other things, still in planning stage. The summoner, flemoid replacement of arch-vile, and another zorcher. Actually, is it possible to rename the liquid zorcher (maybe the LDZ device?  ;D), this one fits the name a lot better.

QuadrumpusGuy

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on October 05, 2010, 06:37:12 PM
I almost forgot: two other things, still in planning stage. The summoner, flemoid replacement of arch-vile, and another zorcher. Actually, is it possible to rename the liquid zorcher (maybe the LDZ device?  ;D), this one fits the name a lot better.

i hope we get to a place where we can replace all Doom monsters with flemoids.

Quotei hope we get to a place where we can replace all Doom monsters with flemoids.

yeah, we need more flemoid species... I'd like to avoid obvious doom resprites, though (e.g., something that moves like a revenant, fires like a revenant, but looks and sounds like a flemoid).

QuadrumpusGuy

Yeah. Plus I hate the Revenant's Guided Fireball missile.

Quadrumpus replaces Mancubus now, right?

The ones that could be replaced are the Chaingunner (NOT HITSCANS), Revenant, Arachnatron, Icon of Sin?, Pain Elemental, Commander Keen (Unless that freeable captive replaces him), Wolfenstein SS (Necessary?).

Anything I'm missing?

noob1234

i have an idea for a pain elemental, but i know NOTHING about modding or spriting.

LAZ Trooper

I think I only mentioned this in chat once... How about adding in the Perforatus w/ Armor? It's in TNCQG2, I believe.
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o