Main Menu

Progress

Started by 75, September 17, 2010, 04:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorSlime

Shh!  I'm taking a break from reality.

I fixed the bug that caused doom weapons to end up in invasion rounds. It turns out that the invasion weapon spawners were spawning doom weapons.

I think I fixed the bug in emperor ceruleus, I haven't tested it yet.

Tested it. Also, he now fires flaz blasts. I might have him launch flem missiles, too.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

You can find me on the CQFF discord: https://discord.gg/AgNhjem

QuadrumpusGuy

Hmm.. I wonder if there is a way to make it so over a period of time (say every 5-10 minutes) in your map, LAZ, to make it go from Day to Night, and vice versa. That would be awesome.

I'm almost certain there is, just make a bunch of sky textures with differing lightness going to night time, and change them steadily.
"Give us those nice bright colors, give us the greens of summer, makes you think all the world's a sunny day."

QuadrumpusGuy

But also have the darkness of the level intensify. and have the dynamic lighting really stand out.

MajorSlime

that is possible, but hard to do. It would be awesome though! A lot of armeggedon invasions do stuff like that.

ChexCommander

Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on October 01, 2010, 06:48:11 PM
that is possible, but hard to do. It would be awesome though! A lot of armeggedon invasions do stuff like that.

So wouldn't the invasion stuff be based on wave? Like, every wave, the sky changes and such? Or is it different?
"I don't cook, either. Not as long as they still deliver pizza." -Tiger Woods

LAZ Trooper

Heh, sorry, loss of mental faculties. Here's the download for LAZ11. I was thinking after looking at my own screenshots, the top floor might look better with windows, but you'd have to adjust ceiling (and possibly sky heights). Your call.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Use the CQ IRC channel! (were it working...)

Current Projects:
Chex Quest: The Great Invasion (on hold)
Chex Quest Skulltag Pack - mapper
The Chex Crusades: Return to Bazoik
Map of Epic (unannounced. If you notice this and ask about, good for you. You won't get any information. And I am out o

MajorSlime

Quote from: ChexCommander on October 01, 2010, 07:17:19 PM
Quote from: ChexMaster2109 on October 01, 2010, 06:48:11 PM

So wouldn't the invasion stuff be based on wave? Like, every wave, the sky changes and such? Or is it different?

yeah, pretty much. I'm going to experiment with player start spawns soon, and i'll let you know what i come up with.

QuadrumpusGuy

Here is what I believe to be the (0.01% away from) finished product of Villa Invasion. Caeruleus sprites are in now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xez1xezkkfasefj

I think I'm gonna work on Deathmatch maps for a while. Then I may work on that one Invasion map I've been working on for a while.

You will need to make some changes though, such as teleporter spawns.

EDIT: 75, for some reason, everything is happening at the countdown and not directly upon Wave Completion, even though I have IS_WAVECOMPLETE in every single invasion script. This also prevents the fanfares from playing. Could you solve this? I have no clue what's going on...

2nd EDIT: I'm starting a new Deathmatch map. This will take place at a mining camp on the Surface of Bazoik. There will be a lot of hilly areas, and the camp in the center.

Once Again, Another download link...

-Fixed some ammo boxes and textures.

noob1234

haven't read this topic in awhile, and all i can say is
EPICNESS!!! :whale :whale :whale :whale :whale

QuadrumpusGuy

@75: Have you created ambient sounds for the water and slime? You should do that, and possibly some other ambient sounds too. That would be awesome.

yeah, like a waterfall sound. I have one in my 3d floors concept test map

I don't know what to do for the slime ambient sounds...

QuadrumpusGuy

It could be the sound of some amorphous goo substance flowing or something.

matthias720

I'm imagining a blooping-type sound.
:whale :caineware :ninjaware :whale :caineware :ninjaware